Feeling a bit alone

Faythe

Slightly Crunchy
Reaction score
Hey girls, feeling a bit alone in the NTNP boat and just need to have a waffle with others in the same boat.

After the first two months of TTC, me and my DB decided that NTNP was the best way forward as we found it really stressfull and would argue so much about trivial things.

Four months on and we're no further forward. I know that with NTNP it'll take longer but I really thought that once we'd de-stressed and let nature do it's thing that it would have happened by now. It's starting to make me feel really deflated and that there's something wrong with me, especially after finding out not so long ago that DB's little bro managed to knock up his weekend shag and they're now not even together. How is it fair that two people who want to start a family are getting nowhere and two people who weren't have managed it in under 2 months of even knowing each other.

*Le sigh* sorry I've waffled on a bit too much :nope:

Sorry to hear you are down at the moment. This whole process is very trying. Take care of yourself and look after each other.

Me and my DB are fine, infact alot better since we decided to NTNP as it's less stressfull but it's just a little disheartening when others around you get pregnant through carelessness.

Storys like your DB's brother AMAZE me. I know people who've been on the pill AND using condoms and they STILL manage to get PG! How is it possible?! And equally how is it possible for people to have sex CONSTANTLY and not get pregnant!

What helps me have perspective is knowing that even if you BD at the right times your chances of getting pregnant are only 25% each cycle. Since we're not timing as such I imagine ours is going to be more like 10%.

I feel your pain though. When I was TTC my first it was unbelievably stressful. I don't know how people stick it out for more than 6 months.

X

Storys like your DB's brother AMAZE me. I know people who've been on the pill AND using condoms and they STILL manage to get PG! How is it possible?! And equally how is it possible for people to have sex CONSTANTLY and not get pregnant!

What helps me have perspective is knowing that even if you BD at the right times your chances of getting pregnant are only 25% each cycle. Since we're not timing as such I imagine ours is going to be more like 10%.

I feel your pain though. When I was TTC my first it was unbelievably stressful. I don't know how people stick it out for more than 6 months.

X

I know, I mean wtf?! Has he got super sperm that teleport or something?! :wacko:

Just sorta makes me feel like less of a woman when things like that happen and I know that NTNP is hit and miss really but I just hoped it would have happened for us by now. Perhaps I'm expecting too much? :nope: x

It took us 6 months of trying very hard to conceive Isla, so your still early days yet!

I think it doesn't help that when your growing up you have it drilled into you that if you have unprotected sex ONE TIME you WILL get pregnant. So when you actually want to have a baby and it doesn't happen in the first month you think 'Oh no :( '

I agree about the feeling less of a women thing too. You get so focused on TTC that you get into the mind set that the only reason you were put on this earth was to have babies... and you can't do it. It's hard, but try to remember that there is a lot more to your life than babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->