Feeling a bit sad...

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Whisper, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Whisper

Whisper Mummy to DD & DS

Well i had to express some milk today as i was overfull (still after her feed)and wanted to try empty the boob. I kept it in the bottle and popped it into the fridge i thought i would try later and see if Amelia would take it.

In the past she has never taken the bottle and would just screw her face up and cry, but tonight she actually finished off everything i expressed (about 3oz).

Although i know it is a good thing that she will take a bottle i feel a bit like she doesn't need me anymore, i was happy that she only wanted the boobie :(

Makes me feel sad now that anyone else can feed my baby, i liked that only i could do it (i know it makes me selfish but she is only little for such a short time).

This is such a silly thing to feel sad about i know. :cry:

2. Heather.78

Heather.78 Well-Known Member

totally normal hun its become a special bond betwen you and your baby. Ive expressed and boobie feed from day one and for really close family namley hubby and mil its really nice that they too can bond with Maiya, maybe if you look at it that way it may help. ps dont worry she still will love mummy and her fresh boobie juice best:hugs:

3. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

But anyone can't feed her because she'll still need your breast milk. I felt a bit like that when Kaya took a bottle from her dad at 5 weeks old. We didn't give her another one for about a week, and from then on she refused them - still does in fact.

4. Carolyn

Carolyn Well-Known Member

get oh to give it to her, she'll still come back for boobie i bet! cos boobie is best!! (joke!)

5. Hevz

Hevz 4 beautiful children

You are still needed to produce the milk remember and if someone tries the

"I wanna go at feeding her"

like my mum did and really pi$$ed me off then just say

"it's funny but she'll only take it from me":rofl:

or don't tell anyone that she will drink a bottle....nobody needs to know:shhh:

6. Whisper

Whisper Mummy to DD & DS

Thanks everyone i haven't told anyone except hubby knows but he doesn't mind not feeding her as he seems to be the only one she will settle with when really wound up. :)
    x