Feeling a little down tonight

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
I love my little baby and cannot wait to meet him/her in February, I wouldnt change a thing and Im greatly glad I have been blessed to become a mummy to my little munchkin!! :baby:

However, when I conceived my baby I was planning to start my journey to become a primary school teacher, after several years wondering what career I would be best at!! So when I found out I was pregnant I had to put it all on hold as I want to be there for my baby growing up and will probably start a course in three to four years time!! I know I wont be old when I graduate (33-34 years old on average)

Tonight it has been playing on my mind that I have to wait so long as Im having a baby first and my OH says he totally supports me and will do anything he can to help me achieve my goals, he even suggested starting next September but I dont want to be away from my baby until it is a little bit older. I have a lot of friends who are teachers and I feel kind of down tonight that I wont be a teacher for about ten years!!

I just wanted to come on here and tell someone how Im feeling because I dont like talking about it to my OH as he feels he has stopped me becoming a teacher, which he hasnt, it took two to make our little baby and although it was a little miracle surprise baby I will never think of it as being in the way as we were trying for a baby for a year and when I wasnt getting pregnant I decided to put it on hold and start a course, then the first month of using condoms I found out I was pregnant and happy!!

I guess I just need a hug!!

Sorry for the long thread :flower:

:hugs:

Hey - just think you will have the best teacher ...your baby! How better to start your road to becoming a primary school teacher?

Thank you :flower:

That's true, my baby will learn me things along the way :happydance:

How has your pregnancy been for you?

Can't believe it...you're just like me! Although i'm not disappointed aout being pregnant, she was planned afterall, i desperately want to be a teacher, and to rub salt into the wound, my mister is a mature student and has just applied to do a Primary PGCE...I wish him all of the luck in the world with his application, but also wish I didn't have to wait. I am due at the end of Jan so very similar position to yourself, and I know I could go to uni in september - incidentally when the mister will be there (hopefully) but...just like you, I dont want little one to be in care for that amount of time thorugh the day. I think it's really important for either me or my mister to be there for her, I don't want a stranger experiencing her 'firsts' before us...so, guess I just wanted to let you know, you're not alone, I feel exactly the same.

Can't believe it...you're just like me! Although i'm not disappointed aout being pregnant, she was planned afterall, i desperately want to be a teacher, and to rub salt into the wound, my mister is a mature student and has just applied to do a Primary PGCE...I wish him all of the luck in the world with his application, but also wish I didn't have to wait. I am due at the end of Jan so very similar position to yourself, and I know I could go to uni in september - incidentally when the mister will be there (hopefully) but...just like you, I dont want little one to be in care for that amount of time thorugh the day. I think it's really important for either me or my mister to be there for her, I don't want a stranger experiencing her 'firsts' before us...so, guess I just wanted to let you know, you're not alone, I feel exactly the same.

I really feel better knowing Im not alone :hugs: we will get to become teachers soon enough and in the meantime we can be at home to experience all the firsts :happydance: ... you also could read everything your mister brings home from his PGCE course and learn it in advance...and e-mail it to me to read :haha: ps congratulations on your pregnancy, how has it been so far? :flower:

Aww sweet things always work out. Don't lose sight of your dream career. Just think you'll be working waaaay into your 60's most likely so it's never too late : ) big hugs though xxxx

ONLY YOU are standing in the way of your dreams, NOT your LO!!! If you want to go to school, than go. There should be nothing standing your way if you want it that badly. I went to school when my lil one was young and it was great. I got one degree and am embarking on another with this one in my belly! And it is for a medical degree. I am not letting anything come between my education. Good luck.

Aw sweetie. If I was you, I'd take it one year at a time. In, say, two years time, you may feel okay starting up school again - maybe even a year from now, you'll feel okay doing some pre-req courses while your OH or a member of your family watches LO.

Your dreams can still be achieved with a baby - it may just take a bit of extra adjusting.

ONLY YOU are standing in the way of your dreams, NOT your LO!!! If you want to go to school, than go. There should be nothing standing your way if you want it that badly. I went to school when my lil one was young and it was great. I got one degree and am embarking on another with this one in my belly! And it is for a medical degree. I am not letting anything come between my education. Good luck.

Wow thank you...your comment really touched me :flower: I feel much better.

Is there times when you feel guilty that you are studying and are away from your LO?

Good luck with your degree :happydance:

I'm glad someone posted about this! I get down here and there about this.. I am finishing this semester in school, due in the beginning of february and I can't go back and graduate as an RN with my whole class in the spring. Instead I have to do it in following semesters, which really made me upset at first, like it would be harder and I know I won't want to leave my little girl for 3-4 days at a time for school. I think then that I am doing it for me and for her and our family!
You just need to do what is the best for you and your family and it sounds like your oh is supportive and everything will go well!

i know exactly what you mean hun, i had planned this to perfection, have baby and go back to uni and do my PGCE to become a teacher, however now i have the feeling i won't want to do that as I don't want to be working away all the time missing my LO grow up.

i'm going to become a child minder instead, means i can still work with kids plus watch my LO grow up

Wow thank you...your comment really touched me :flower: I feel much better.

Is there times when you feel guilty that you are studying and are away from your LO?

Good luck with your degree :happydance:

I am glad. Don't ever let anyone make you feel like you can't do something, and that includes yourself!
I did feel a lil weird at first but I took it slowly. I entered 9-11 credits each semester until the last few(which went up to 16!) and because of it, I had to do an extra year. I always even did summer classes! There are a ton of transitions. The cool thing w/ a baby is that they sleep A LOT. I wouldn't suggest starting when your baby is 1 mo old, maybe start next summer with class or two to get your foot in the door and then the fall w/ 7-9, and the next w/ 9-11 and so forth. One step at a time. The cool thing is that time will fly! Your baby will be 2/3 and you'll have accomplished a ton. Don't give up on yourself! My lil girl was able to watch her mother get a degree and it makes her want to work hard with school. she loves to read and is super smart. I will not be taking any classes next semester so I can bond w/ baby, but I will continue in the summer.

You also may need help-like I have my hubby do a ton! (he cleans and cooks a lot when I am in school) I am pulled between being a mother, a student, a wife and all of those things are really important. There is a ton of time that I have to tell my lil one to play w/ daddy b/c mommy is busy(w/school work) but an old friend once told me something that really hit my heart. He told me that his mom was always out-always. She could never account for any time. He said it was a waste b/c nothing positive ever came from that-just years lost. Well any time spent on my studies, will bond our future b/c I will be able to provide so much better for us. When my daughter will look back and see that I was busy or unavailable, she will see that it was because I was striving to support our future.That is freedom and love for my family.So any time involved w/ school is positive. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->