Feeling all alone :(

kuntrykutie

Soon2be mom of 2
Reaction score
So just to start out, my OH and I are expecting our second child (a boy) by the end of December/beginning of January. Well last week, him and his first daughter got back in touch after 14 years (she just turned 17 in September). Since then he has been a lot happier and I am so happy that they have found each other again because I know how happy it has made him.

I don't know if this is just me being selfish or territorial, which I shouldn't be, but it's like since that literal life-changing event happened, it feels to me that me and our children have kind of been pushed aside. I know he is trying to catch up on 14 years of lost time, but it just feels like we are being pushed off to the side so he can do that.

I'm trying to be the supportive other half and being there for him while all of this is going on, but it's hard. I have no idea what I should do, someone please give me some advice and tell me that I'm not alone :(

I can't relate, but I would let your OH enjoy his refound fatherhood. It'll wear of and it'll be part of your lives. Let it be a positive experience. His daughter is 17, so she is a young adult and not a child anymore. Soon, he'll be a new father again and his focus will be shifting again to his core family. It is normal to feel territorial, and you could address your feelings about it with him. But I wld give him time to bond with his firstborn. X

I'm all for him talking to her as much as possible. But it's like he lives on his phone now. I guess I'm just worrying too much. These hormones are driving me crazy. I know I shouldn't be worrying about it, but it does make me worry. I am trying to be as supportive as I possibly can as I know much it means to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->