• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling baby from outside

Talia12

Reaction score
Yesterday baby finally had an active day and I felt a fair amount of movement. I hope it carries on! Late last night I felt a big wriggle with my hand on my belly so I quickly told my husband to feel and it happened again twice in the exact same spot. Now today I've read on a pregnancy website for 19 weeks "if someone else puts their hands on your belly you can guarantee they won't be able to feel movement as baby isn't strong enough yet". Guarantee?! So now I'm so mad that we might have been getting all emotional over gas..... 🙄
It did feel like baby moving, is the website wrong?

I've always felt my babies move on the outside by the time I'm 20 weeks so I think you are feeling baby x

21 weeks my baby started actually being visible movement wise on the outside so it varies women to women :)

Yesterday baby finally had an active day and I felt a fair amount of movement. I hope it carries on! Late last night I felt a big wriggle with my hand on my belly so I quickly told my husband to feel and it happened again twice in the exact same spot. Now today I've read on a pregnancy website for 19 weeks "if someone else puts their hands on your belly you can guarantee they won't be able to feel movement as baby isn't strong enough yet". Guarantee?! So now I'm so mad that we might have been getting all emotional over gas..... 🙄

Definitely baby ! My last was a ninja and you could clearly see her kicks from the outside never mind feel them at 20 weeks lol xx

It's absolutely possible to feel outside movement at your gestation :) I never did until about 25 weeks with my son as I was a big lady then but my friend had clearly visible movements from about 19 weeks :)

I can definitely feel baby movements from the outside, I have for the last few days now and I'm 18.5 weeks

Thanks ladies! I feel better now, I was feeling so happy and excited that baby was finally on the move and then the stupid pregnancy website literally said it "guaranteed" movements couldn't be felt from the outside yet. Burst my bubble proper! But you've all reassured me it was baby :D <3

You can definitely feel from the outside at 19 weeks, my OH felt baby last week when I was 19 weeks.

Also wanted to add that you can! Around 18 weeks I was certain my OH would feel kicks from the outside but every time he put his hand there she would go still. At about 19.5 weeks I was saying to my OH to run as she was moving. I was met with eye rolls as the internet had told him there was no way until 23 weeks he would feel her and after numerous times trying and her going still he was certain only I could feel her. BUT He still came and put his hand there and she gave him two massive kicks! He was so shocked I thought he would pass out! He couldn't believe how strong she was.

Now at 23 weeks I can film my stomach and you can clearly see her kicks and have done so for about a week.

My husband and family felt our firsts slight taps from the outside at just over 18 weeks- lol it was NOT GAS!

Yesterday baby finally had an active day and I felt a fair amount of movement. I hope it carries on! Late last night I felt a big wriggle with my hand on my belly so I quickly told my husband to feel and it happened again twice in the exact same spot. Now today I've read on a pregnancy website for 19 weeks "if someone else puts their hands on your belly you can guarantee they won't be able to feel movement as baby isn't strong enough yet". Guarantee?! So now I'm so mad that we might have been getting all emotional over gas..... &#128580;

Thank you for all your reassurance ladies - I posted this a week ago and in that time I can now not only feel but see baby from the outside and managed to film it! Stupid website talking crap :haha:

I turned 20 weeks yesterday and literally just now felt it on the outside when baby happened to kick where my hand was resting. This is my second though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->