Feeling Desperate

Annie29

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I am new to this forum (as a poster, I've been lurking for sometime- 11 months to be exact :-(

I am 29 years old and have been trying to conceive my first baby for 11months with no such luck. I am currently 11dpo, however I'm pretty sure I am out for this month and so comes that same old feeling of worthlessness etc (sorry if I'm being dramatic, I know there are so many women who have been trying for much longer). Two of my closest friends have recently become pregnant and another friend has admitted that she is now trying and I'm feeling very selfish and miserable right now.

My question is this: is it worth going to the doctors for help yet? I live in the UK (if that makes a difference?) will they advise me to wait for 6 months?

It's daft but I feel like I can't go through more months of waiting and seeing :-'( I'm a healthy 29 year old, with a healthy 30 year old husband, and my cycles are usually dead on 28 days.

Thank you in advance for any advice re the doctors question

There is probably nothing wrong with either of you but as you've been trying for nearly a year I would go to the doctors just to get everything checked out. Huge hugs to you, it is incredibly hard wanting to be pregnant (and everyone else being pregnant around you!) and it not happening. Fingers x for this month anyway xx

Ooh and also just to recommend the baby making bible - I got it when ttc my first and found it very helpful. It's great as there are ideas in it that make you feel like you're doing something (other than the obvious!!) to help yourself conceive. I remembered I had it last night and was having a read :)

Lots of luck to you xx

Yes - do go to your doctor, when you are coming up to a year of trying, then it's advisable to go. They can do some blood tests just to make sure that all is okay. And it maybe good for your partner to have a sperm test too. If everything is all good then that is great - but just in case there is a little something that needs to be tweaked then you can flag it up early.

I totally get the heartbreak every month - it's so awful.....There's a few us here that know exactly how you feel.:hugs:

Hi Annie, welcome to the site. I know how you feel, I'm near enough in the same boat. Young, heathy and so is my husband & been trying for 3 years. Maybe book a doctors appointment and get checked, like Fleur said, there is probably nothing wrong but at least that will put your mind at ease. Sending you lots of baby dust. Xx

Thank you all for your kind words and advice :)

I'll pick myself up in a few days and get on with it, but this part is always the worse; waiting for AF to show and having those PMS pains quietly announce its impending arrival

I'm anxious about going to the doctors as I feel like they'll just send me away to wait it out but I'll just go in assertive (my experience with GPs has never been very positive!)

Thanks all again!

I would go to the dr right away, just because one of the first tests they do in on day 3 of your cycle and you will be able to have it done really soon and get things moving.

go to the dr :) if you've had 11 months of active ttc (temping, opks, whatever) they wont make you wait, or if they try to, they're in the wrong. I'm in the South of England, and my GP said she'll look further into things after 6 months (if i still havent had a period) or 12 if i have and we havent had a bfp. the nhs will look into it :) as far as i know that's their policy - 12 months active ttc

Great advice - helpful to read. Anyone know what they test for in those first few blood tests? Thanks in advance.

They'll test your various hormone levels to see if you're ovulating. They usually do a test at day 3 of your cycle and another around day 21 (7 days post ovulation). Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->