Feeling different about BF second time around..

OhhBabyBump

#2 on the way!♥
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Okay so here I am, 20 weeks pregnant with #2! With my first, I breastfed until she was about 16 months and only stopped because my nipples were soooo sore from this pregnancy. I loved breast feeding my daughter but for some reason I'm feeling the complete opposite this time. I'm not wanting to breastfeed this baby at all.

Obviously I'm going to try anyways, just because of the amazing benefits for myself AND baby. And who knows maybe I will start feeling differently once I get closer to due date.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way?!

I have read about something called "nursing aversion" that happens to some women during pregnancy. I am not sure if it happens even if you stop nursing, but you might want to wait until you are closer to delivery before stocking up on formula :)

I experienced it in this pregnancy for several weeks with dd and it was a feeling of not wanting to nurse/breastfeed. It was not physically painful (although I had horribly painful nipples while bfing until 20ish weeks), but just mentally I had no desire for it. Kind of like nails on a chalkboard whenever I thought about nursing dd or about nursing a new lo.

I stuck with bfing my dd and now the feeling is gone and I am looking forward to bfing the new baby, so maybe what happened to me is kind of like what you are feeling and it will go away?

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"