feeling down as apparently im a 'big girl'

chazzette

Mummy to Izzi & Joe
Reaction score
Hello

This is slightly a moany post and also an advice needing post.

Im 5 foot 10 inches, a size 12-14 clothes and weigh 12st 4lb.

Since having Izzabelle nealy 11 months ago i have lost all of the weight that i put on (2 1/2) stone and i was pretty happy with my body. I have always had curves, mostly in the right places lol, and have just figured that thats the way im meant to be. my OH loves my curves :thumbup:

well........at work last week one of my colleagues and i were having a conversation about what we do and dont like in fashion , mainly leggins when women wear them in 3 sizes too small lol, and she blurts out:

"you would understand this charlie, being a big girl like me, that we have to be careful with what we wear so we dont look stupid".

now i wouldnt take so much offence to this but this woman is approx 2 sizes bigger than me, which means that she sees me as a size 16 - 18 :nope: It doesnt help that my uniform is black combat style trousers and a polo top so not the most figure hugging outfit, but she has seen me loads of times in figure suiting clothes outside of work so knows what my actual shape is.

so to say the least it has despressed me and convinced me that i need to tone up, get fit, and lose some inches. Im thinking that everyone must see me as a 'big girl', especially as im getting maied next year and dont want to look like a whale in my dress :cry:

For the last two nights i have done 45 mins on the exercise bike. I go walking with izzabelle normally twice a week for about an hour. i walk to work twice a week (only a mile away) and i have a fairly balanced diet.

what else can i do to get fit? i find that fitting things in with a baby that is just learning to walk is a nightmare! at the mo im doing my exercise bike when she has gone to bed which cuts out on 'couple time' when OH gets in from work.

thanks for reading my babble lol

hope you all have a good day x

Hey.

You sure she didbt mean big, as in tall?
Surely your height and weight you'll look pretty slim!

I'd say from my experience need more full body exercises, like circuit training, aswell as strength training. If you can, pop into my journal last page post clip of dvd im doing, highly recommend it. X

nah she was definatly talking about weight. Being tall i carry it off a bit better but no way am i slim. ok thanks, will go have a look in a mo :) x

Okay dokay.

Don't feel upset by it, easier said than done,lol.

Good luck with your goals x

I think (coming from the side of used to being big) that a lot of times bigger people see what they wish in themselves and even project that a bit onto others if that makes sense? :hugs: I think she probably has a distorted view of how she truly looks

Okay, I just inputed your stats into a BMI calculator and you are a normal weight. So that woman is crazy. :shrug:

I would say that the woman clearly thinks she looks smaller than she is and turn it around that way. My best friend keeps saying how 'now we're the same' to me.. now not to sound harsh to her, she's a size 12-14 and I'm an 8-10... it's obvious more on her bum/hips too. She always goes on about how she's lost weight but I just don't see it so nod and smile politely. My husband says she's got an image in her head and that's what it is. I'd say your colleague is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->