feeling fed up with ttc

dimble

Reaction score
me and my oh have been ttc for 5 months with no luck :growlmad:

we :sex: every other day in my previous cycle and i was due on Friday. I got happy for a moment, when nothing came on friday and nothing came on Saturday, but woke up Sunday with AF :nope:

I have now bought an ovulation kit and a basal thermometer, but today feel like giving up. We never even tried with #1... she just came.

Anyone have some stories of hope before I give up?:sad2:

I've been trying for five months too and know how you feel. I was on the pill for many years so figured it would take awhile for things to get straightened out and actually get pregnant but by this point I'm getting discouraged. I never thought it would be this hard. I don't chart or take temps - but suppose if it goes much longer I should consider it. I had ovulation cramps this month really bad - now waiting to see if AF comes. :( I know you wanted a story of hope - I'm not really that - just wanted you to know you are not alone. Good luck to you.

I've been trying for a little over a year now. I've researched my diet to ensure I'm not hindering the process by being super low in anything, I'm supplementing to the hilt, and nothing. Thanks to OPK's and a fairly regular cycle I don't mind going at it :sex: like crazy for 3-4 days to give each month my best try. If the period of trying was any longer or had to put too much energy into it I think I'd give up completely.
Your body changes and so does his. Keep trying, keep your chin up and if you don't get preggers think about getting both of you checked out by a doctor.
The one great thing about all the reading I've done ttc is that I have the info now to avoid estrogen dominance (a terrible hormonal condition that many women have no idea about), breast cancer and I'll age a little more gracefully with all these anti-oxidents I take.

2have4kids, thanks for your post. How do you avoid estrogen dominance? Mainly diet?

I just had a 20 day cycle for the first time ever and was wondering if I have this and low progesterone (I think I ovulated on day 13 ish) so would mean short luteal phase plus I had sore nipples after ovulation and was reading this could be low progesterone.

I had d and C 3 months ago for miscarriage at 15 weeks, so am hoping my hormones will work out and this is just temporary?? I am 38 so a bit worried about age.....has this pushed me into perimenopause, I soooo hope not.

I can't really afford to keep buying the OPks - might try the early pregnancy website thing. They seem cheap there but do they work.

Definately can't afford the Clearblue Fertility monitor and maybe baby is a bit useless as you need to have not eaten for 3 hours before you test and that is hard for me LOL first thing in the morning probably as mouth dry and pasty I get weird results....

Wishing You, Dimble and Jan good luck, baby dust to you all.

Thanks Janbecca, 2have4kids and Rose38. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Rose38, i hope you and the rest of us get lucky sooner rather than later!
i feel better if i know i am not alone, but i read a lot and i am a worrier...:shrug:

my test kit came and thermometer, but i have not even opened it. my oh had a bad car crash yesterday, so i didn't want to put any additional stress on him and tell him all about it. (i am a bit like that, i probably share tmi with him! lol)..

i am feeling a bit more optimistic to give it another go this month and the following 2have4kids... but yes, i worry that something might be a miss with me. it is too soon to go to the doc. the doc will just send us home and say come back in 6 months. UK docs are useless!! :growlmad: we r going to give it another 2 months.

lets all hope and [-o< in a couple of months we get :bfp:

2have4kids, thanks for your post. How do you avoid estrogen dominance? Mainly diet?

Estrogen dominance happens when you stop ovulating (perimenopausal or pcos). I don't know that you can completely prevent it but if you're aware you can take cream and try to produce progesterone through your diet.
progesterone, the prog keeps the estrogen in balance. Replacing progesterone when you're not ovulating (for whatever reason) seems to be important. It's why I believe SO many women in their 50's have breast cancer. They probably had no clue about estrogen dominance.
I have progesterone cream I use when I'm not ovulating, there's also ways to naturally produce progesterone too :https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/hormones-and-miscarriage/progesterone-research/how-to-increase-progesterone

:hugs: Don"t lose hope, it will happen when you don"t expect it.. Ive been TTC going on 6 months, it is frustrating at times I know. Hang in there hun... Its just around the corner!! :dust::dust:

I just had a 20 day cycle for the first time ever and was wondering if I have this and low progesterone (I think I ovulated on day 13 ish) so would mean short luteal phase plus I had sore nipples after ovulation and was reading this could be low progesterone.

I had d and C 3 months ago for miscarriage at 15 weeks, so am hoping my hormones will work out and this is just temporary?? I am 38 so a bit worried about age.....has this pushed me into perimenopause, I soooo hope not.

I can't really afford to keep buying the OPks - might try the early pregnancy website thing. They seem cheap there but do they work.

Definately can't afford the Clearblue Fertility monitor and maybe baby is a bit useless as you need to have not eaten for 3 hours before you test and that is hard for me LOL first thing in the morning probably as mouth dry and pasty I get weird results....

Wishing You, Dimble and Jan good luck, baby dust to you all.

im so sorry for your loss

there are answer brand opk that come 20 in a pack and are great, they also now come with pregnancy test in it. usually 19 dollars or less...

this may help with the opk problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->