Feeling like I'm hungover every day!

Ameli

Reaction score
Hi all, recently I have been feeling extremely tired, irritable, and have headaches daily. It really feels like a hangover every single day, without the drinking. I have a 6 month old daughter and sometimes I have to get up with her at night, so I'm sure lack of sleep is the problem sometimes. But she's been doing much better with this and sleeping through the night most nights recently. My husband also snores, so I think that also disturbs my sleep some, but either way I just don't feel like myself and I just started really wearing on me about 2 months ago (and his snoring is not new).
I was prescribed iron pills at the end of my pregnancy and was told to continue them immediately after, but I stopped taking them after a month, and felt great. I felt really good for the first 3-4 months after having my baby. I'm wondering if this is normal hormonal stuff going on, low iron, or possibly even thyroid or something else. I just refilled my iron pills yesterday so I guess I'll see if that helps any. I'm also working full time and trying to balance everything - and not always doing the best job of it. I hope to get my energy back, eat healthier and start an exercise regime again, but at the moment I'm barely able to just do the bare minimum. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else feels or has felt similarly to this and would love to hear what helped you. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like it might be hormone related... Your body goes through a lot of changes the first year postpartum. Some people are back after 3 months... while others it takes over a year.. Maybe you are at that horrible point right now ... hope you get to felling better soon!

Whoa... I thought I was the only one. Were you able to figure out a solution?

I think for me it was from low iron. I started taking a supplement again, and I'm feeling better for the most part. It's kind of hard to really tell because my sleep isn't great at the moment due to a teething baby! Have you had your iron checked charliesoulie?
A couple of ladies on here told me that they had the same hungover feeling from a Vitamin D deficiency.

I would def take a multi vitamin along with the iron...headaches are def a symptom of anemia....hope you feel better soon:):)

I feel a bit like this sometimes. I think a multivitamin would help. For me, because I am also breastfeeding, I find it is dehydration. If I drink a large glass or two of water I find the headaches disappear. Sometimes, I'm so busy I forget to look after myself and drink enough fluids.

Just wanted to say I was so relieved to see the title of your thread thats exactly how i feel too and i dont have other children! i hope you feel better soon i can't imagine feeling like this and having another child to look after :kiss: good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->