Feeling like kicking in the hips? At 37 weeks ?

Ghost

Mother of one :)
Reaction score
Today and last night my little one has been feeling like he's kicking/punching or wiggling against my hips. Does this mean anything ?. The reason I ask is the last time he felt like this longer than the odd few wiggles ,I had a scan and he was breech. That was at 33 weeks though so I would of thought if he'd turned again he would be a lot more powerful kicking in the hips?.

I had to rush in to hospital night before last with my bp and they did monitoring then and said he was head down so if it has changed it's been last night. My midwife was up yesterday and she felt my tummy and tried to get him on the heartbeat monitor but she did say he felt like he was back to back, would this effect the feelings inside my pelvis? Might he be wiggling to get in the right position for labor?.

Am I just getting concerned over nothing?. With him being 37 weeks everyone's telling me he could come anytime so the slightest twinge I think "well is it this or is he getting ready to arrive?"

Out of curiosity what are the signs labour is coming? Other than contractions and the mucus plug?. I've been reading up but I wanted more people's opinions on what were the biggest markers that it was about to happen? - I missed my antenatal class on labour annoyingly enough because of being down the hospital .

Hi, I'm a first time mum so ill not be a lot of help but just thought I would post as I still get movement around my hips and my baby is head down and 3/5 engaged so I wouldn't worry too much that its turned.
All the info on labour I have is from my classes, they tell you to look out for your plug but that could be weeks before so doesn't mean instant labour! I've not had mine yet and I'm 38 weeks yesterday. They also say that with a lot of women there body has a 'clear out' which is a sign that labour may be soon (diahorrea). Or you could just be surprised and you water breaks unexpected! I'm just looking at it as it'll happen when it happens and not worrying too much about every discomfort and unless there is a significant change I'm just getting on with things as normal.
Hope this helps a little :) xx

I had a lot of this last week and baby is engaged. What I was feeling was fist, elbow, arm beating my hip/the side of my pelvis! Try some inversions and rebozo sifting from sppinning babies, those help me dramatically.

Hi, another first time mum here but when my bubs is head down I get him pushing up against my ribs with his bum and a fairly gentle poking kind of feeling in my pelvis towards my hip area. Just because you feel movement down there doesn't necessarily mean baby is breech, could just be little hands/elbows :D

I always get punches in the hips from my little boy, he's been heads down the whole pregnancy and I can feel the punches on my hips and the kicks in my ribs.

So I don't think it's the start of anything, just normal movement. :) And it doesn't have to be kicks to the hips, it can be punches!

That's fab news everyone , you've really settled my mind. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->