Feeling low 6 weeks postpartum

Jo1987

Reaction score
Hello,

Guess I just need a bit of a rant to someone who feels the same.
Gave birth just over six weeks ago and today I feel really low. Just have no motivation to do anything apart from play with baby. Hubby's at work all day and when he comes home he just chills out with baby and I'm expected to cook tea and tidy up. Don't get me wrong he's does do his bit but only if I give him a nudge. And if I say I'm feeling low to anyone they think I'm depressed.
I don't feel depressed just feel low like all I am is just mum. I love my kids but I feel like that's all I am now is cook and cleaner.
I don't want sex because I'm tired but hubby thinks I'm in a mood he can't understand I'm tired and my hormonals are going nuts Anyone else felt a bit shit?

I can empathise with the everyone presuming you're depressed part. I've felt low on and off since the birth and for a while I had people telling me I was depressed and I should have medication. I know it's not that it's like you say some days you feel low and like you've only got one side which is a mum and you want to fe a bit more whole if that makes any sense? *hugs*

Thankyou.
I get what you mean about feeling whole. I love my children dearly but when your hairs falling out and your skins horrible it's hard to feel like me. I know tomorrow I'll probably feel loads better because I've written this all day. I totally get that on the outside it may like I'm depressed but I just feel a bit shitty

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->