Feeling proud of myself...

waiting2c

Reaction score
I am feeling super pleased this morning and its not really something I can tell many people but you ladies will get it.

With having GD this time around I was told to start hand expressing colostrum from 36 weeks to try and have some available for her if needed to stabilize blood sugars. I had to do this when my son was born and got next to nothing so he was given formula for a few days, and then was forced to give my daughter formula a few hours after birth as I didn't have enough coming out when she fed.

I started yesterday and already have 1ml in the freezer! :happydance:

I have 14 days till C-Section so at this rate could have 6-7mls waiting for her which is probably more than needed but it wont go to waste!

Ah that's FABULOUS waiting!!

I thought I'd express and collect colostrum but I stopped leaking last week. I can kinda get some drops out but nothing like 34-36 weeks. :shrug:

Baby gonna be well fed. :)

Baby already a fatty lol

Oh - hope I don't dry out after this week! I was really surprised to find something came out at all when i first tried and once started it came quite easily.

I figured I'd be a fountain these last 2 weeks, but I guess the hormones were highest during 34-36 for me. Was weird.

Yeah I would just assume it gets more from here not less! Will see how I go, will get what I can whilst the going is good this week in case I dry up too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->