Feeling quite nervous

HodgePodge

Reaction score
My OH and I have decided to use the persona as contraception instead of the pill. I've been on Cerezette since October and it hasn't agreed with me at all. Anyway the persona arrived yesterday and although we were going to wait until i'd finished all the pills that I had at home we discussed it and decided that it might be worth just stopping them now.

I'm quite nervous about this as you have to have 2 normal periods before using the persona so that means we will leaving ourselves quite unprotected. Can't use condoms as I'm allergic to latex and OH can't use the non-latex ones that I can......Really nervous that this is going to go pear-shaped and I don't want a bump when I get married in 6 months altho I am desperately waiting to TTC.

Sorry just wanted to talk to someone

Hi Hodge!
If you really don't want to fall pregnant this/next month then there's a few other methods you could use until Persona kicks in. There's a new type of latex-free condoms made from polyisoprene and they really feel quite natural. Much thinner than latex ones and not as stiff as non-latex ones. They're called LifeStyles Skyn in the States and Mates Skyn in the UK, you could try online for either. You can also get spermicides that you put "down there" when you have sex. They don't affect your cycles so you can stop them when you're ready for Persona. I'm sure there's other methods that would work for you as well.

I am waiting to use my persona. I am on my 2nd free cycle and we have been using withdrawal. Going to start using my persona when my next AF turns up.

You do know they arent 100% affective and you have to be prepared for possible pregnancy? Withdrawal if used properly is as effective as condoms.

xxx

Thanks girls for the advice....Shall discuss with OH....

I'm only nervous cause family would go mad and i'm sure that they are good at maths....if left to me I would TCC tomorrow....especially after spending time with my friends 9day old baby today....she's sooooooooo cute

Why would they go mad? And more importantly, why would you care? You're about to get married so you're clearly grown-up and settled. So if you and OH would be happy with it, the surely they have no right to say anything but congratulations?

Hmmm I know what your saying and I agree. My grandma is very relgious and old school when it comes to marriage. Also in the past 2 years my grandad and mum both died within 6months of each other. One of the first things she said to me after mum died was that she was always disappointed with mum because she was pregnant when she got married and had a rant about it. Really upset me and just don't want to have a similar conversation with her.

I know it's my life and if I got pregnant before we were married we'd both be really happy but for the sake of a couple of months it's easier for a quiet life.

I personally give you permission to kick your grandma's a** for saying something like that after your mom had just died. :dohh: A little bit of empathy?

I'm hoping for a bump at my wedding :o) I remember when we got engaged, our TTC date had already been pretty well set and then we set our wedding date and I asked SO if his family was going to have any issue if I was already pregnant at our wedding--he said no, and it doesn't matter if they do. I have a few family members that may not 'like' the idea, but i figure it's not their life to live. If they wouldn't make that choice for themselves, that's fine--but this isnt' about them. I do know how you feel--I think you should make the best decision for you and your SO, regardless of what someone might think. Good luck!

LOL thanks for the permission :laugh2:

She's old and old people don't think before they speak....altho at the time I did feel awful especially as I was the baby that she was talking about. Mum was only a few months pregnant and they had been talking about getting married for ages before as found loads of mum and dad's love letters...

You're welcome! ;)
Yes, the fact that you are the child she was talking about doesn't make it any better... :hugs:

Anyway, yes, I agree. YOU two should do what is best for YOU TWO and no one else so if you think getting pregnant before the wedding is fine, then go for it! Your grandma will be ok with it once she sees the little bundle of joy ;)

Thanks....we decided that I should stop taking the pill today....NTNP for a while and see how we feel and review the situation in September....We are doubtful that it will happen straight away and if I was pregnant when we got married it wouldn't matter too much if not too far on.....

It's nearly JUNE!!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->