Feeling really great after a chat with midwife, how did you get over the fears?

aliss

Reaction score
So how many of you had bad hospital births before your home/birthing centre births??? how did you get through your fears, stress?

I had a really great chat with my new midwife (as best as I could, since there was a language barrier).

She decided to accept me because she said I should absolutely not have an epidural, that she fully supports using the squat bar in labour (which helped with my previous hospital dystocia baby), she said she's delivered dozens of dystocia babies before and that she isn't really worried at all.

She has said however, that I am to be prepared for a 1/4 chance of it happening, which is a scary odd but I think a 1/4 chance without an epi is a hell of a lot better than a 1/4 with it!

I had a bad experience in hospital with pitocin, epidural, episiotomy and forceps. When pregnant with freya I just blocked out the possibility of it happening again, actually I was determined that wouldn't happen again. Id researched alot after and induction was unnecessary so I had my argument rehersed in my head ha ha. Otherwise I read loads of positive hb stories and practiced hypnobirthing at home to stay focused and relaxed. 1/4 isnt as bad when you think 3/4 everything will be fine that's 75% odds you'll not have same problem. Xx

losing my fear was the reason i chose a hb in the end. i read my hypnobirth book which really made me fell more positive and any HB fears i had were quashed after attending an NCT HB meeting and taking a nosey at the homebirth.org site.

I had 2 not so nice hospital births one ventouse and one shoulder dystocia each time with a failed epidural. 3rd birth I hired an independent midwife which really helped as I felt 100% trust in her. If I am honest I still did not relaxed about a homebirth until I went to hospital to have a trace done on the day of labour. Just walking in there made me feel ill with fear. When I finally went into labour that evening I was just unbelieveably calm and had an absolute problem free labour and birth.

I have just had my 4th bubba at home and again I had worries which I think is normal - but again the birth was wonderful - 9lb 4oz bubba no shoulder dystocia or tears. You will be fine it is a very different experience at home so empowering, good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->