Feeling Rough Thread

Dosey

Reaction score
Just wanted to put a little thread together for us all to share tips on how to help with morning sickness etc or just a place for us all to have a good moan.

Being pregnant if so wonderful but, let's be honest, it can make you feel pretty awful at times so it would be nice for us all to have somewhere to vent without feeling guilty :)

I'll start - I am 5.5 weeks and am very tired and nauseous most of the time (worst at night when I am trying to get to sleep). I find eating little and often helps as well as sipping on water regularly.

Just wanted to put a little thread together for us all to share tips on how to help with morning sickness etc or just a place for us all to have a good moan.

Being pregnant if so wonderful but, let's be honest, it can make you feel pretty awful at times so it would be nice for us all to have somewhere to vent without feeling guilty :)

I'll start - I am 5.5 weeks and am very tired and nauseous most of the time (worst at night when I am trying to get to sleep). I find eating little and often helps as well as sipping on water regularly.

Good idea!
I've been nauseas since 6 weeks. I was sick all day with dry heaving but now I'm sick in the evening time, usually around dinner. I'm using the sea bands and they seem to help a little bit. What has really helped me was zofran. I'm in nursing school and I can't afford to be sick so I broke down and got the prescription. It works great for my moderate nausea. I've tried ginger but the ginger ale made me sick after the second bottle. What really makes me feel better? Salt. I know that's really bad but it calms my stomach for some reason.

Im knackered at night but waking up at silly oclock and cant get back to sleep (could just be xmas excitement too lol)

Im knackered at night but waking up at silly oclock and cant get back to sleep (could just be xmas excitement too lol)

I am exactly the same...really tired but waking it the early hours and then can't get back to sleep :(

Urgh, joining you on this thread, my MS kicked off in earnest this week, evening and morning... nothing seems to work apart from lying down....

Urgh, joining you on this thread, my MS kicked off in earnest this week, evening and morning... nothing seems to work apart from lying down....

Oh no poor you :( It's strange how everyone is different as I find lying down makes me feel worse!

I have heard that the sickness bands help quite a few people - they might be worth a try?

I hope you feel better very soon and get to enjoy Christmas. xxx

I also have a cold which is really not helping :(

I feel bad moaning but urgh I just feel like poo!

oh no Dosey, being sick sounds like the worst! People around me are coughing and trying hard to share lol but so far I'm resisting :winkwink:

I'm right there with you! I have an awful sore throat and cold and cough, and couple with the morning sickness I feel just rotten! My son is wondering why mummy can't do much more than lay on the sofa :(

Dying over here! All day nausea and throwing up at least once a day. I should say aim lucky this time around though bc with my daughter I was sick 4-8x a day and was in and out of the hospital. Still don't like it, though!

I'm having some of the same symptoms. Going to bed earlier than normal, but find that I can't get comfortable temperature wise...Can't tell if I'm hot or cold. And then I wake up SUPER early, and can't go back to sleep. And I wake up super hungry, but nothing seems appealing... I'd like to be eating healthy, but I don't want anything!! So I just munch on little things all day. Just feel out of whack! :wacko:

I'll deal with pretty much anything though, I'm still so happy about this baby! :baby::thumbup:

Count me in this thread. My ms comes in the evening more now this past week and strong smells haven't been my friend. I also sometimes feel like I'm OCD because I have gotten very picky at how some things are cooked. Raw tomatoes, like in sandwiches, make me sick but if they're cooked and blended in a curry sauce, I'm OK. I can have raw onions but cooked onions make me want to vomit.

I had horrible nausea during my first pregnancy and the only thing that settled my stomach was ginger ale. I've heard before that having crackers and small snacks help but not in my case. :(

I don't have very bad nausea this time around but I do have an increased sense of smell. I read in another forum that a good fix for nausea is dabbing peppermint oil underneath your nose. I have yet to try this.

I tend to suffer migraines and headaches during pregnancy and so far I haven't had migraines this pregnancy, but I do get headaches. A friend suggested I use peppermint oil to massage my temples. I've found it helps, especially with headaches that happen in the base of my neck.

Hope this helps someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"