Feeling sad about stopping breastfeeding

MrsCeder

Mum to Amelia 6/6/13
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have recently stopped feeding my 8 month old and she has been very fussy and trying to find my boob :-( She is taking the bottle well and finishing the milk then she wants a feed from me, I feel quilty for some reason.

Anyone going through this? How long will it take LO to fully accept that she is just getting formula?

I haven't had to go through it personally as when I switched DS1 to formula he much preferred it and wasn't bothered about boob at all! I would imagine that once your milk completely dries up and she can no longer smell it she'll stop rooting. Sounds like she's doing well on the formula which is great. She's probably looking for comfort from you and will soon learn to get it in other ways x

i went threw this with my first it took about a week or so before he stopped wanting me and accepted the bottle, good luck it will get easier :)

Hey hon, i logged on today to write a similar post. My son is 6.5 months old & a week ago i introduced a bottle to wean off my boob.

He's had 3/5 feeds today as bottle instead of boob..its making me really sad.

Im back at work in May so thought id start the wind down NOW but thought itd be a slower transition than this - seems the more bottles Jacks has, the easier he is taking them as the days have passed ..

I doubt Ill have another child....Im finding him growing up really sad daily anyway never mind going through this detachment too :cry:

Thanks everyone.

I think the worse is when she is crying, I consoled her with the boob :-( I will have to find other way to comfort her.

If it is making you both feel like this, do you think it is the right time to wean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->