Feeling sad due to mother in law

sunflower82

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
hi friends I had my first prenatal last week and my second prenatal was today and both times neither my mother in law or father in law asked me what The doctor said and how the baby is it made me cry a lot today I spoke to my husband about it too and he just ignored me I’m feeling lonely and left out like my in laws aren’t happy about my pregnancy

Maybe have a chat to them about it. They might not want to stress you out by being all over you (that would stress me out lol) and not understand you want more involvement from them. People react differently to pregnancy and you might be reading it wrong due to increased hormones. Hope everything works out for you. X

Thanks so much I don’t think I have the guts to speak to them about it my mother in law already thinks so negative about me

Maybe have a chat to them about it. They might not want to stress you out by being all over you (that would stress me out lol) and not understand you want more involvement from them. People react differently to pregnancy and you might be reading it wrong due to increased hormones. Hope everything works out for you. X
snks

My in-laws never asked a thing about either of my pregnancies. Their family just isn’t like that, but mine really is. I know it sucks, but try and focus on your side of the family for support if you can. My kids are their 7th and 8th grandchildren, so I guess there’s not as much excitement left haha.

Anyhow I got through it by sharing my excitement with my family and friends instead. Unfortunately some people just aren’t as interested in new babies - although you would think as grandparents they would be. I don’t understand it, but I can sympathize with you!

hi friends I had my first prenatal last week and my second prenatal was today and both times neither my mother in law or father in law asked me what The doctor said and how the baby is it made me cry a lot today I spoke to my husband about it too and he just ignored me I’m feeling lonely and left out like my in laws aren’t happy about my pregnancy
I know how you feel only it’s my own mum who doesn’t bother, we used to have a close relationship but we have drifted apart due to family issues and she really isn’t interested in this pregnancy even though I work with her for 2 days a week it just feels like she’s pulled herself away from me. I feel a mixture of feelings about it sometimes I’m angry and others I’m just hurt. We still get on but we are no way near as close as we were

In laws can be less interested in my opinion. My sister in law was 3 months ahead of me. Her mum (my kids nanny) went to the hospital when she had her baby. She once said it was her daughters turn first when someone asked me if i was ready for labour. She actually moved house to be near that grand child and 4.5 years on she babysits her every week. She cleans her daughters house etc etc. My kids barely see her. She loves them i think but she just naturally cared more for her daughter.

To add my own mum was never interested about every step of the journey. Some people just dont. If i was your mum id be wanting to share it all with you. Its such a special time for a women. It is a big thing!! Its hard to understand the ones who dont seem interested. I know its tough but share your journey with someone else. You sadly cant force family to give you the support you need.

I hope there are others around you. Congrats on your lovely news. When baby is born they will probably be more interested, or as you get bigger xx

When I was pregnant with my 1st my Mom asked my MIL if she was excited about me being pregnant. My MIL said “ I already have a grandchild” as if she didn’t care about me being pregnant. My oldest daughter is my in laws second grandchild. My parents were so excited with each grandchild but I guess my MIL only had room for one grandchild. Also, when we found out we were having a girl my husband insisted on going to my in laws to tell them in person. Only his mom was there and she just sat there without saying anything. My husband thought she didn’t hear and repeated that we were having a girl. She said “I know. I heard”. And that was it! So strange!

When I was pregnant with my 1st my Mom asked my MIL if she was excited about me being pregnant. My MIL said “ I already have a grandchild” as if she didn’t care about me being pregnant. My oldest daughter is my in laws second grandchild. My parents were so excited with each grandchild but I guess my MIL only had room for one grandchild. Also, when we found out we were having a girl my husband insisted on going to my in laws to tell them in person. Only his mom was there and she just sat there without saying anything. My husband thought she didn’t hear and repeated that we were having a girl. She said “I know. I heard”. And that was it! So strange!
Omg so selfish so it’s not only my mother I. Law who is like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->