Feeling sad

BabyB2

Reaction score
My brother and his fiancee have been TTC for about 17 months. He called my early this week to tell me that they're finally pregnant. I was so thrilled for them both as I know they'll make wonderful parents and I was excited about our children being quite close in age. Unfortunately my mum called me yesterday to let me know that it looks as though they have lost the baby :cry: It was still very early in their pregnancy, but I'm so sad for them and can't help feeling a little guilty about my own pregnancy. It's making it difficult for me to call him as I feel a bit like I'd be rubbing salt into the wounds. It doesn't help that I'm not the only family member currently pregnant. Why do these things always seem to happen to the nicest people? :nope:

I'm so sorry hun - life is so unfair sometimes :-( give him a call, I'm sure they wouldn't want you feeling guilty at all. Just let them know you are there for them :) x

Dont feel guilty. I think the worse thing you could do is avoid them at a time like this. They wont resent you for your pregnancy plus you are at totally different stages too. Life isnt fair but be there to support them

Oh that's so sad :(. I hope they get their sticky bean soon!

So sad to hear this. I agree, the worst things happen to the nicest people. I hope they have a successful pregnancy soon :hugs:

If I were in their position I probably would be a bit jealous of you and might find it a bit difficult to be around you with your lovely big bump. Maybe take your cue from them - get in touch and give them your condolences (definitely don't ignore them) but if they don't want to talk for long or don't make as many efforts as usual to see you for the next few weeks don't be upset with them, it might just take a little time for them to feel they can be around you. Be patient, I'm sure they are nothing but happy for you, but I am very aware that losing a baby can make it hard to be around people who are obviously pregnant. I'm sure they will appreciate your support and understanding :flower:

Aw I'm so sorry for them
Best thing you can do is love and support them especially in a time like this
Hope they get a bfp soon :)

That's really sad, I was in the same situation a few months back. It might take some time but hopefully they'll get their sticky bean :). Fingers crossed for them. Xx

This is a hard time for them, just be there the same as you would if it had happened a year ago, they need you. they are thinking about your pregnancy and most likely praying nothing like this will happen during it. I have been in their shoes, just be careful not to bring up your pregnancy unless they ask, and use words of comfort instead of trying to explain what happened. I hated it when people tried to solve my grief for me, I just wanted them to listen to me

I'm sorry they lost the baby :( I can kind of relate as my brother and his wife had trouble conceiving and lost 4 pregnancies (all before 12wks so also very early) be fore finally getting a sticky bean. I agree with the other posters, just make sure they know you're there for them as I'm sure they will appreciate it and I'm also sure they would never want you to feel guilty :hugs: xx

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I've been in touch to let them know that I'm thinking about them and that I'm here if they need to talk. Guess there isn't much more I can do. I think what made me more concerned is that he didn't take the news of my current pregnancy particularly well as they had already been trying for a while when I got my BFP, and with this and my first baby it only took about 2 months for me to get pregnant. I'm just hoping that they have better luck next time x

I can relate as had a mc early when my sil was healthily pregnant. Was very difficult time and I found it very hard to see my sil and when I did I couldn't even ask her anything about pregnancy as was so hard. Time is a healer though and now I have 10 weeks to go and my sil baby is nearly 3 months so these things work out. Hope things go ok hun it's not easy xx

Definitely call and just tell them how sorry you are. It's so sad, and they'll want to know that you're there for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->