Reaction score
I keep getting feelings of feeling unwell. Symptoms include;
Dizziness
Light-headed ness
Hot flushes
Drowsiness
Heart beating around 110-120bpm - feels very rapid
Breathlessness

I can just be lying / sitting / relaxing or standing/ walking it can happen anytime.

I'm not dehydrated it happened this morning after a cup of decaf and 600mls lemon cordial.

It's not food related, I always eat breakfast, and regular snacks.

I've checked my blood pressure when I get these symptoms it's always good. About 110/70.

Anyone else had this feeling?

It's starting to pass now but I'm just left with a stuffy head and drowsiness. I've had this on and off throughout each stage of my pregnancy.

Thanks ladies.

I had most of those Symptoms;
Dizziness
Light-headedness
Hot flushes
Breathlessness (mostly cause lo was taking up a lot of room)

The Dizziness, Light-headedness and Hot flushes were from having very low iron. My doctor recommended iron pills, about a week after i started taking them the symptoms went away.

Not recently, maybe 7 weeks ago, I take elevit which has iron in. Got my midwives app next week so I'll have bloods checked then. I have to do a gtt then anyways

two things rang thru my head when i read your symptoms, your iron level and your blood sugar level. im anemic, the only symptom i had was extreme fatigue, but you can also experience the symptoms you mentioned. good luck hun, i hope things turn out ok:)

Thanks ladies :) ill pester the mw for bloods x

Maybe anaemia. Have you been tested yet, as it causes a racing heart, breathlessness and dizziness.

Had iron studies done a few weeks ago now, never got any call back so I guess they were clear

I also suffer these symptoms and i had a mw app on monday and they called back on thrusday with my blood test results. The cause of my symptoms was low iron and im now on iron tablets. had my bloods done at 19 weeks and they were fine then. Could possibly be the same for you? Or a blood sugar issue or it may just be one of those things x

I've been having these symptoms too, and after adding iron and no improvement, my midwife sent me to a cardiologist for an ekg. I'm having a heart ultrasound next week because I've been having palpitations too, but the cardiologist said that sometimes the baby just lays in a way that puts pressure on your vena cava, which means less blood to your brain and all these symptoms or even passing out. Apparently its not just a laying down thing, it can happen wherever if the baby is pushing on the wrong things. Trying to lean to my left or if I can lie down on my left side helps since the vena cava is on the right.

I hope you feel better soon, I've been having the same problems and its really concerning and frustrating.

Thanks ladies, will definitely follow this up :)

Just had blood results back! I am in fact anaemic :( iron tablets for me from now on! I wanted to update in case anyone else has these symptoms.

thanks for the update, I have been feeling a bit like that and had bloods done on friday so will wait and see the result :)

surprise surprise, just had a call from the gp receptionist and the doc has prescribed me iron tablets

yeh and me, I found the faint feeling would come at the worst times too lol I was chopping raw chicken the other day and had to rush, wash my hands and then lie down!!

Same! Mines normally at work :( or right before I'm due to leave the house for work! Not feeling much better but it's only day 2 of iron tablets. I was awake 3 and a half hours then I had to have a 2 hour nana nap! Bloody crazy!

Any idea how long they take to make a difference? I think iv overdone it today with having a bad back, anemia and then we took the kids to the sea life centre for a school holiday treat and walking round there and a lot of standing has wiped me out. Sat on the sofa now while hubby does tea. Think ill need an early night as I have my glucose tolerance test at 8.30 in the morning so an early start :(

I'm day 4 on the iron tabs, still had a funny turn like I normally do, hopefully soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->