Feeling worried

Chezzer

Reaction score
So I'm a right stress head. I'm superstious too with the number 13
I phoned my midwife unit today (uk)
And said my worries and how I didn't want a scan at 13 wks or on the 13th the midwife said it's a bit ocd I said I know I've got anxiety. She then said how I could have cognitive behaviour therapy. I've not yet met my midwife. I said after be it good or bad once I know what's happening il be ok it's just the not knowing.

So I'm about worried now with anxiety when my babies born il have social care on my case or what will the midwife do now they know I have anxiety.??? Xx

I don't think you need to worry about social services hounding you for having anxiety. They're far to busy dealing with parents who actually are neglecting their children. It does sound like some counselling would be beneficial for you to help you learn some strategies to cope with an manage your anxiety.

I totally understand how you feel. I sufffer from anxiety and not long after getting my :bfp: I had a bit of a meltdown... all sorts of fears running through my head... can I do this? What if something goes wrong? How will I cope? What if my pregnancy doesn’t go as planned? How will I find growing a baby inside of me? What if I can’t give birth? What if I need a c section? Will I cope with the pain? Oh god... endless... it’s ridiculas all the things that run through my head.... I think midwives will deal with this all the time though so just be honest with yours and I’m sure they will do all they can to help... even people who don’t suffer from anxiety will still have anxieties... lol ... if you ever need to talk feel free to drop me a message.., sometimes just chatting and getting things off your chest can make you feel loads better!! X

Maple_fairy thank you.
I've woke up today and just think an I still prego I lay my land on my tiny bump and it doesn't feel like it's getting any bigger. But maybe I'm not feeling right. All I have is sore boobs nothing else no other symptoms. I'm 9w 3d so don't know how my tummy should feel. I'm also not fat but not slim I've got a chubby belly. But above my hair line it does feel firmer x

Hey, try not to worry. Social Work will not be on your case or in touch at all. They won’t be told about your anxiety.
I’m a Health Visitor and we see anxiety in people all the time. It’s not a Social Work issue.
The Midwife has a duty of care to support you the best they can, nobody will be thinking badly of you or looking down on you.
Everyone just wants to help and she’s maybe suggested CBT as a support strategy but nothing you have to actually do if you don’t want to.
Services get a bad rep but really we just are here to help.

I’m pregnant with my first and super stressed and anxious and I work in the field...xx

Thank you Lola that's really helpful are u also in the UK like me?? And congrats on your first pregnancy. I find that a bath relaxes me if I'm stressed .

Xx

Maple_fairy thank you.
I've woke up today and just think an I still prego I lay my land on my tiny bump and it doesn't feel like it's getting any bigger. But maybe I'm not feeling right. All I have is sore boobs nothing else no other symptoms. I'm 9w 3d so don't know how my tummy should feel. I'm also not fat but not slim I've got a chubby belly. But above my hair line it does feel firmer x
I’m only 5 weeks 2 days but can relate to you so much. I think what makes it worse is that we have to wait so long for a scan! And that scan is confirmation for us that everything is ok... do you have a date for your scan?

Just bare in mind that not everyone has loads of symptoms... some people don’t have any symptoms at all! I think as long as you don’t have severe bleeding or prolonged pains then you are going to be absolutely fine xx

Hi Chezzer at 9 weeks its perfectly normal not to feel much of a bump! I'm 8 weeks and can't feel much of anything either. And some women dont get strong symptoms and still have healthy pregnancies, maybe you're one of the lucky ones! Do you know when your first ultrasound is? That can be such a reassurance that everything is normal.

No i don't have a scan date yet hopefully when I see my midwife nxt Thursday all going well il get a date then. Yeah we in the UK have to wait ages x

Yeah I’m in the U.K. :)
The wait is awful. We’ve actually booked for a private early scan at 8 weeks, so just hoping and praying that everything is ok. I’m 5+4 today and started feeling ever so slightly nauseous today....at the end of week 4 I would say I felt like my symptoms started to improve, which had made me panic. Just trying to stay as positive as possible. Just so hard when you want something to be ok so badly.

When’s your scan?

Sorry I just re-read that re your scan date. Hopefully you get a date soon

Yeah fingers crossed for both of us. I spoke to a female pharmacist and she said it was to early for morning sickness and Its normally around 3 months.
I don't get why we have to wait so long for scans. I've seen some on here get them around 6wks and they see the yolk sacs x

I think it’s ridiculas how long we have to wait for a scan as if there is something wrong we have to go through the whole first trimester not even knowing about it! You would have thought they would do one early just to make sure everything is where it should be and there’s a heartbeat!

We’ve found a place that do scans for free not far from us so I think I’m going to book that in on Tuesday just for reassurance!

Hi bellenuit
I don't know when my first scan is yet i have a first midwife appointment nxt Thursday il prob find out then x

I think it’s ridiculas how long we have to wait for a scan as if there is something wrong we have to go through the whole first trimester not even knowing about it! You would have thought they would do one early just to make sure everything is where it should be and there’s a heartbeat!

We’ve found a place that do scans for free not far from us so I think I’m going to book that in on Tuesday just for reassurance!

My first official scan I'll be just over 14 weeks. I couldn't wait that long so paid for private scan.

Maple fairy where does then free early I'm in portsmouth on the south coast.?? Yeah it's not a nice wait think it's should be around 8wks then 12 then 20 to go 12+ wks is along time like u say if something is wrong it's gonna be hard. X

Maple fairy where does then free early I'm in portsmouth on the south coast.?? Yeah it's not a nice wait think it's should be around 8wks then 12 then 20 to go 12+ wks is along time like u say if something is wrong it's gonna be hard. X
It’s in Newcastle so it’s a bit of a distance from you! You could try searching google to see if there is anything near you that do free scans? I would just check for reviews and make sure it’s a good place to go. This one I found they are all trainees but always have someone qualified in there with them to make sure they are doing it correctly...

I did try but couldn't find anything and yeah bit of a treck. Well hope it goes well look forward to hearing all about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->