feelings about day care

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
i am finding it so hard to think about putting my son in day care
i have to go to some classes for my teaching certificate in the mornings and have even decided to not do the evening ones this year and put it off til next year but this still means putting my son in day care from 8-2.
i wont do the state run one here, so i have looked into private ones that take 4 babies. my son will always be the youngest at 4 months. i cant afford a private baby sitter. i just feel so terrible about putting him into day/care but if i dont do some classes then ill never finish my license and i cant teach without it.
i also dont trust anyone with him, hes only had me, how can i leave him with a stranger. he doesnt even sleep in a crib yet ( see my other threads lol). and im still trying to get him on the bottle ( again got a thread about this :) )
anyway i just wanted to get this out, how are you all feeling about this?
how did the moms who have done this feel about it?
i just dont have the option of not working and studying we cant afford it.
:(

Im feeling the same hun. I have to put Seth into nursery when he's 5 months old. Im just over halfway through my maternity leave now, and its killing me. I think about it every day and it really upsets me :( We're trying to work out our finances to see if I can go back part time, but even that I really don' want to do. But its our only option.

Im really gutted about it :(

xxx

if it's what you've got to do you've got to do...what about starting day care a week early and leaving him for short periods to start with? like an hour the first day then a couple of hours? Just to ease him into it?

I feel for you. I would hate to do it. My LO is still sleeping in my bed and I even hate the idea of leaving him in his...despite the fact I'm in the same room!!

But maybe it'll be good for him - you'll have a confident independant little man?

It does benefit children so much. Gives them a chance to learn they dont need total dependance on their mothers, and also allows them to be around other children and interact as he gets older x

Oh and Kyle starts next month. However, my uncle is a childminder and this is who he'll be with..Think thats why its a little easier for me x

I know how you feel, I start my sophomore year in 2 weeks!! :shock: :cry: :sad1:
Although, I'm not leaving Colton with a daycare/sitter, he will be staying with his dad in the evenings while I'm at school. I've never not been with him; besides the 2 times I've left him with my mom.
I have to go evenings though, because we cannot afford for someone to watch him because I do not work. And if they are cheaper-then I just think they are probably incapable of watching him to my standards, I dont want him with someone who will just let him sit in a dirty diaper, or just leave him to cry.

i know how you feel. I put jacob in nursery when he was 4 months for 2 whole days a week. I picked a nursery with a web cam so i could watch him whilst as work. It's horrible driving away and leaving them.. but i can honestly say they benefit from nursery so much. At this young age they won't miss you as their getting fed, held and changed. It's much harder for you than them. Jacob took to nursery like a duck to water! so heres a hug for you because it's us mums who get upset the most.:hug:... Jacob is 2 now and still goes twice a week. He waves good bye now and walks into his room.. still pulls at the heart strings thou!

H x

i know how you feel. I put jacob in nursery when he was 4 months for 2 whole days a week. I picked a nursery with a web cam so i could watch him whilst as work. It's horrible driving away and leaving them.. but i can honestly say they benefit from nursery so much. At this young age they won't miss you as their getting fed, held and changed. It's much harder for you than them. Jacob took to nursery like a duck to water! so heres a hug for you because it's us mums who get upset the most.:hug:... Jacob is 2 now and still goes twice a week. He waves good bye now and walks into his room.. still pulls at the heart strings thou!

H x
:cry:

I just resigned from my job to be fulltime mom.Fortunately we can afford it.Hope you feel better soon!:hug::hugs:

My maternity leave isnt up till january but i deffo decided not to go back full time im going to ask to go back weekends i wish i could go back 3 days as ive got more of a chance of them not dropping my position of manager if i went back 3 but my partner only has weekend off and the though of leaving him in a day care centre is horrible id worry so much about him but i suppose everyone feels like that:hug: xxx

H x
:cry:

Made me cry too lol

what are we like. And Im going to have to do that 5 days a week :(

xxx

beforei went on maternity i worked in a nursery and i know what ur saying it is so hard for u to leave him but remember the staff want to be there and if they are likeme willlove the lo's they look after and try thier hardest to make sure YOU and LO are happy with nursery.i always made myself avalible to mummys if they wanted to talk and ask me questions. Just be really nosy and askloads im sure it will make u feel better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->