Feelings hurt and resolve shaken by best friend

PurplePromise

Reaction score
I just told my best friend that I was NTNP and she said I was stupid and it was the biggest mistake I could make. She was actually angry at me. She said that my ds6 would suffer from losing my attention. She knows me well and loves me, so I want to give her opinion some weight. On the other hand, I've been thinking about this for 3 months straight and every other person in my life thinks it would be great and I'm super excited about it. It's all I think about and I've felt like I have a new lease on life lately.

Could your friend be jealous and it's missed placed anger. Another lo will be fab for your son. My boys are so close and they are dying for another sibling. (They want a girl or nothing though. Lol) what they may lose in your attention they will gain in so many other ways and their life will be enriched. If it's what you want go for it.

Maybe sit down for some coffee with your friend and ask her point-blank why she feels this way? If you want to give her opinion some weight -- she is your best friend, after all -- and let her know that you value her thoughts, that's a good way to go about it. If she's just being crazy, you can ignore it, and maybe take a time-out from her for a while.

Both of my sisters said they dont think I should have another. My older sister just thinks having a 4th would be too many kids. My younger said she hates when Im pregnant because I get so sick or am on bed rest and cant hang out very much. I just ignored them. They don't get to have an opinion on my child bearing imo. Same goes with your friend

I'm sorry you have had to deal with this. :cry: There is nothing worse than someone feeling they have a say in regards to a couple expanding their family or not. I got that with #3 (though he was very unexpected) which is why I have not told many at all about #4. I just can't bothered with the opinions of others. If another baby feels right for you, go for it. And your eldest will probably be just as excited about becoming an older sibling as you do a mother of 2. <3 Just because your eldest is 6 doesn't mean that he's going to have less time or loose your attention! And he will be at school 5 days a week anyhow so I don't really see how your friend's point has an valid reasoning to it.

My MIL pulled that shit when she found out (by snooping in our bedroom) we were pregnant with our 3rd, claimed it would be "unfair to our first" (what is our second? Chopped liver?). Considered cutting her out of our lives forever at that point.

I talked to her again. She said she loves me no matter what. She just can't imagine going through all the pain and sacrifice. She got her tubes tied at 27 and a hysterectomy at 35 so she said she literally cannot imagine risking your body and sanity to bring another child into the world. I don't really get it either... I just know I can't stop dreaming and thinking about my other 2 babies that belong in this family...

It sounds like her heart is in the right place, she just spoke before she thought about what she was saying. I'm glad you had a good talk with her and have worked things out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->