Felicity is here :-D 23.5.11 xxx Very long, sorry.

Amy-x

Mummy to a princess
Reaction score
I know its nearly 8 weeks since I had my little girl, but still, as you will rea, things have been a little hectic for me recently.
Right, on the Friday night I had spent the whole day eating chilli heatwave doritos, not to get things moving along or anything as still had over 3 weeks until my due date. Just because for some reason I really craved them! And lots of them! So as I was, I had a bath, and after getting out, changing into my jarmies ect I felt a bit wet down below, me being stupid, just thought 'ohhh maybe I havent dryed myself enough' jarmies back off, dried up, jarmies back on.. Two minutes later, the same wet feeling, by this point I thought maybe it could have something to do with my waters, and then convinced myself otherwise and jarmies back off dried up, then jarmies back on again. It may sound silly to read, and sounds silly for me to think back saying to myself its just bathwater, but my main reason for that is that I hadnt felt any 'pop' as they say. So I put on a pad, and went to bed. Only to be woken up about 2 hours later soaked, so now I knew it HAD to be my waters. I was changing my pad about every half an hour, probably more often, cant exactly remember. But then I realised I wasnt having any contractions or anything, so started walking up and down the stairs jumping up and down, you know the usual things. And nothing was working. So by 5 in the morning I decided to ring delivery suite, who asked me to come in straight away. After being left for about 2 hours, not being told a thing, or even examined I was called into the examination room and within 2 seconds I was told yes my waters had all gone. Soooo, what next I thought. And what was next is that they told me about induction, and that they dont do inductions on Saturday nights, whyy? I have no idea. Just that they dont. Silly really. So was told to go home until Sunday morning, and that as my waters had broken things will most likely progress themselves by then. But they didnt, just a few aches. Nothing Id have even needed to take paracetomol for, but your waters replenish themselves constantly, so I had the constant feeling Id wet myself, and uncomfy ect. Went back on the Sunday morning to start my induction.. I cant remember times anymore. But about an hour after I got there I was given a pessary on the induction ward. And after an hour of checking bubbas heartbeat to check she didnt get stressed by the prodding I was allowed to do what I wanted, walk the hospital ect. So I did, went to the loo first, and it fell out!.. Next one put in, waited half hour this time, then could go off and do what I wanted, except after going loo again, the second one fell out. I had 5 done in total!! Just before the last one fell out for about an hour Id been on the birthing ball, getting a few pains, nothing major, but had a paracetomol. So when the 5th one fell out (this is because my waters had broke..) I was checked and was 2cm :-D When all the other times there had been no change. So they decided to hook me up to the drip that bring on contractions thick and fast in a delivery room. Which I was, and within minutes the contractions were unbareable, but all in my back not my belly, honestly felt like my spine was snapping. I was having contractions lasting about over a minute and less than a minute apart so the drip was turned down and I was advised on an epidural, which I definately wanted, then I was told the man that had to do it was in surgery, with an emergency, greatttt! So tried gas and air, ergh two sucks I was nearly sick, so refused it, and any other pain relief. I just wanted 'that man' as I kept saying over and over and over! :dohh: I was checked and had got to 5cm, contractions still all in my back and about 6 hours since I moved to delivery room I got my epidural, and was telling my midwife, and partner and Mum how much I loved 'that man' :dohh: Honestly it was a god send, and didnt hurt at all! Although that was the second time hed come in, first time he got called off onto another emergency, and I was left again in excruciating pain :sad2: no fair. But I got it in the end, and I couldnt feel a thing. Was checked 4 hours later, which is what they do when induced, dont know if they do that with normal birth too? Not sure, and I was 8cm :thumbup: :happydance: then I started feeling pains again slightly. I had my own button to top up my epidural, but it wasnt working. The pains never got anywere near as bad as what they was before the epidural but they was bad, and I could feel my legs toes belly everything, which I couldnt before. Midwife told me to keep pressing my button, even though it wasnt helping. Was checked again 4 hours later, still 8cm. And again 8cm another 4 hours later. I also had a heart churning half hour when they lost Felicitys heart beat through my belly and it was only picked up aftefr midwife swapped over. So a clip was put on her head, and still nothing. Tried again, and nothing.. And another time nothing... So Mum was asked to move everything out of the way for emergency section, tried the fourth time and 'beat beat beat beat' thank God! Anyway back to the 8cm thing. For hours I stayed 8 cm, so a surgeon came in and checked me and suggested a section or I could wait another 4 hours see what happens, but his recomendation was a c section, so I agreed. And he said 'you will meet your baby by 1 oclock' which was about 45 mins away. I signed all the paperwork and went off for my section, not before they had to give me something different in my epidural line as it had stopped working and I could feel my belly and everything. After that they sprayed the ice water spray on me and when I couldnt feel it anymore, and after my heart rate lowered (went upto 184bpm) and I stopped shaking, they began. Tugs and pulls I could feel, but no pain. Then at 12.58 Felicity was pulled out (Surgeon was bang on nearly, with the 1pm thing) had a few complications when being closed up, blood loss ect. And a few problems in recovery as the meds they gave me to slow my heart rate, made my blood pressure VERY low, and temp VERY high, so was in recovery about hour and half 2 hours. Just staring at my beautiful little girl. Then went onto the ward. 2 days later, I came home, day after that my csection incision openened up. And since then every day Ive had to go to doctors to get it packed. Yesterday I was told about another week tops, and just need a plaster over it. Yayyy. Im finally starting to feel normal again.
Sorry this is soo long, got on a roll, that seemed to taper off at the end as my fingers are hurting :blush: lol.
Felicity - 7lb 1oz - 23/5/2011
MY PRINCESS xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats hun! Can't believe you were 8cm for so long :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g