Fell over and now worried...

Dobsd

Reaction score
I was just putting up a picture and was stood on the bed, I stepped down (I have long legs so this usually isn't an issue) but my ankle went from under me when it hit the floor. I twisted my right ankle and right hip but didn't actually hit the floor.
Now I'm having contractions (are a little bit painful but not much) and I just went to the toilet and there was fluid in my underwear. It definitely wasn't pee as it was clear.
Is it possible I could've broken my waters? Or brought on BH? Or actual contractions?!
Gonna wait till my partner gets home then maybe go to the ER, should probably get my ankle checked out too!!

Oh dear :hug: I'm not sure what has happened but definitely get to hospital and get checked over asap. I would put a pad on now and see if there is any more leakage. Is baby still moving around nicely? Xx

Oh dear :hug: I'm not sure what has happened but definitely get to hospital and get checked over asap. I would put a pad on now and see if there is any more leakage. Is baby still moving around nicely? Xx

Yeah she's having a good wiggle about. She's actually been pretty quiet today, which is unusual, but I think the jolt has woken her up!!
Will go get checked out, definitely. Just wanted to know in the meantime if it's actually possible to break the waters with a trip or fall...

So, decided last night that I felt ok and to leave it until this morning if I felt bad.
Started having period-like cramps around 5am and then by 9.30 they were getting worse. Called my midwife and she said that it could be that I'm having BH and they are pulling on the strained muscle in my hip, which is causing the pain. I'm not convinced though as it feels more like AF cramps and then an actual contraction a few times an hour. Doesn't go away when I walk around. She has suggested I take some Panadol and have a warm bath and that if the pain goes away, it is more than likely the hip thing, for which I should try to see an osteopath.
I mentioned about the fluid in my underwear and she said that if it was my waters had broken, then there would be far more than I described. Have only had a little bit of whatever it is since last night.
Hopefully I'm not in labour just yet but time will tell!

Hope the pains settle down soon. Fingers crossed. Glad your mw wasn't too concerned xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->