Fellow Begginners...

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Look what i found...

''Parents today have a real choice in the nappies they choose for their baby. There are so many sizes, types and fabrics to choose from its difficult to know where to start. Never fear! The Go Real team are here to help!

Size
Most types of real nappies are available in 2 sizing options: Birth-to-potty and Sized.

Birth-to-potty nappies adjust to fit your growing baby meaning you will only need to buy one set which should last from birth (or approximately 10lbs) until your baby has potty trained.

Sized nappies are available in different sizes, (usually size 1 from birth to approx 20lbs, then size 2 up until potty training). They are also often available in tiny sizes – ideal for premature babies, and larger sizes for chunkier toddlers.

Type
Then there are the types of nappies themselves: Flat, shaped, all-in-one and pocket.

Flat Nappies: these require a waterproof cover over the top, but as these come in so many colours and fabrics, parents won’t need to compromise on style. There are 2 main types of flat nappy:

Terry Squares: still incredibly popular, and come in a range of colours, plain white, or even unbleached organic cotton or bamboo.

Prefolds: are rectangular nappies that fold into a pad and slot into a selection of covers without the use of a separate fastening.

Shaped Nappies: No folding required as the nappy is already shaped to fit your baby, fastened with poppers or Velcro. There are many different shaped nappies on the market available in a variety of fabrics, prints and colours, these nappies also require a waterproof cover or wrap over the top.

All-in-One Nappies: for convenience and ease of use with no folding, look no further than all-in-one nappies. A waterproof cover is attached to an absorbent layer and most come with a choice of either poppers or Velcro fastenings.

Pocket Nappies: These work by stuffing a terry, pre-fold or pad in to the fleecy pocket; combining the absorbency and quick drying qualities of a flat nappy and the convenience of an all-in-one nappy.

Fabric: Finally there’s the fabric to choose: cotton, bamboo, hemp, microfibre, fleece or wool. Each fabric has its benefits allowing you to choose which works best for you and baby or a variety to mix and match!

Cotton: Choose organic cotton if you can for environmental benefits. Cotton is very absorbent and soft, and relatively quick to dry.

Bamboo: Again choose organic if you can, although bamboo requires less chemicals to grow than cotton. Bamboo fabric is up to 40% more absorbent than cotton and is incredibly soft. However, it does take longer to dry.

Hemp: Another more environmentally friendly crop, hemp produces a very soft and absorbent fabric making it ideal for booster pads or night time nappies. It also takes longer to dry than cotton.

Microfibre: A synthetic man-made fabric often used for booster pads as it is very absorbent and dries incredibly quickly. Ideal if drying is a problem.

Fleece: Is used to make pocket nappies and liners. A fleece layer next to baby’s skin is very soft and also keeps baby’s skin drier as it acts as a great stay-dry barrier.

Wool: Knitted into wraps which are naturally waterproof and breathable, and ideal for babies with extra sensitive skin.

Washable Wipes: A great alternative to Wet Wipes. Washables wipes are a great cost and environmentally friendly option. Ready made wipes and carry packs can be purchased from most nappy retailers or make them yourself using cut up towels. See our Top Tips section for 'recipes' of wipe solutions.''

Hey hun was just to say i just ordered some re usable wipes so we can check those out...i use soooo many freaken wipes its mad!!! They look quite nice but i will come down and visit when they all arrive (i will be uber exited) :blush:

haha ok cool, im not sure about wipes, might look into them but use normal ones for poo and reuse the ones for wet nappies, but ill see urs and decide! we will have to feed tabs loads so she needs changed a lot :rofl: haahhaha, I dont have a car to use anymore, insurance ran out, or does this week even! so cant drive over unless i get mum to drop me,

Nah i'm in dollar on mondays, weds and thursdays so its fine :) I wasnt but the amount you use re usables is mad it costs me a fortune, so i figuerd that
A. reusable ones clean bottoms better and
B. i can just use them at home and the disposables when i go out :)
Figured i'd see what they were like anyways!!

yeah why not! well anything thats gonna save me money and keep her bum soft is good imo! also they wont be wet and cold will they?? or do u have to soak them?

I think you put them in something...we shall see ha ha ha!! OK so i shall buy you a wipe warmer then :rofl:

im not sure about wipes, might look into them but use normal ones for poo and reuse the ones for wet nappies

I thought that too, but then I realised that reusable wipes are actually less gross for poo than disposable ones cos you have thicker material between your fingers and the poo. Newborn poo just seems to go straight through disposable ones! :sick:

im not sure about wipes, might look into them but use normal ones for poo and reuse the ones for wet nappies

I thought that too, but then I realised that reusable wipes are actually less gross for poo than disposable ones cos you have thicker material between your fingers and the poo. Newborn poo just seems to go straight through disposable ones! :sick:

Yea thats what im going to use them for...obv not a newborn but heyho!!

https://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=124103897746#/photo.php?pid=2594262&id=124103897746

These ones look quite nice for newborns??

oh yeh good point, they will be thicker!

yeah theyre nice sarah but do thoe issy ones come in size's.. cos i think i need to go birth to potty for finances, x

No idea :lol: But i think i'm going to go and buy some :rofl:

https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_326.html

https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_526.html

Nope they are all one-size!!! :happydance:

oooh, yey!!

Im getting addicted and shes not even here yet! :doh:

Might have to start buying a couple this week! so i should get some extra liners then? whats the best ones? and can you mix and match like does it matter if its a differnt liner i put in than the one it comes with?

I'm just mixing the liners...i just bought 2 of them :dohh: But the one i wanted the pink cake one is sold out :hissy: so i asked when it would be back in :rofl: Though the downside seems to be that they are quite big so you might want to wait on these until she is like 4 months...

yeah it said theyre quite bulky on newborns.. ive made a shopping basket, now just gotta wait till cash comes in and purchase!! i got a nappy bin with a lid, mesh laundry bag, and 2 of the mini la la ones, (dandelion fields and tendril aqua) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->