felt christmas tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
Has anyone made one of those felt christmas trees with felt decorations for the kids to play with, like fuzzy felts? How did you hang it? Our elf made one a few days ago and the kids loved it, but it keeps falling down. I stuck it to the door using those double sided foamy sticky pads, which have stuck nicely to the door, but the felt just keeps falling down. every morning when the kids come downstairs to see what Errol has done, they say he will have fixed the christmas tree, but then it's always in a heap on the floor when they get there! Any ideas? Here's a picture of it so you know what I mean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2
Could you sew a loop of ribbon to the top and use one of these on the door https://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Medium-Hooks-Value-Pack/dp/B000FSORW4 (they sell them all over the place - got mine from tesco to attach our wreath to the outside door) that way if the sticky foam releases it would still stay up on the door?

Hmmmm we do have one but ours is freestanding (traffic cone in the middle) so I've not had to hang it. I agree that ribbon and sticky hooks might be your best bet. You could do one at the top and one at each of the bottom corners to stop it swinging around?

Or stick on velcro on the door and on the back of it but I don't know whether that will affect the finish of your door when you take it off.

I bought one but haven't put it up yet. Stalking for good ideas on how to hang it...

3m hooks are great, I've used them to hang my wreaths up on both sides of my front door, lots of door slamming later & they are still going strong.
I picked the hooks up at tesco (£3) noticed them in WHSmiths too. x
You will find them so useful for hanging all sorts of decs/fairy lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"