felt like a failure after c section..

L

larudy13

Just wanted to share that after my emergency c section I felt like such a failure. had pushed for 2 hours and OH could even see LO's hair but I still ended up having a section.. Then had a hard time in recovery because had to formula feed LO because I wasn't making enough colostrum to satisfy her needs. so felt like a double failure since I had wanted to exclusively BF

Now LO is 2 weeks old, and I dont feel like a failure anymore. I combi feed her, she is gaining a lot of weight and in perfect health.
I know I didnt get the birth I had wanted, but I now accept it and am so happy with my new addition to my family.

Awww bless you I had to have an emergency section too, it never crossed my mind that made me a failure...now you've got me thinking lol...I don't care, he needed to come out that way it was the only safe option (I also ended up having the epidural I didn't want because I was told it was safer for him) so it went without thinking about :)

As for the breastfeeding I had to give up on that too, that did make me feel like a failure. I had the breastfeeding support group ring me at home and decided to brave telling them the truth - actually they were really nice and said things like "at least you tried" and "you gave him the best bit" so I felt a bit less crappy! :)

Glad you are feeling better now! An emergency section does not make you a failure! You had to get your baby out safe and that was the way to do it, you did everything you could so don't feel bad, congrats on your little bundle xx

I had to have an emergency c-section, as well -- and I am so grateful that my LO and I are here, safe and sound!

I wanted a c-section anyway (due to psychological and, later possible big baby), but always felt (not on BnB) I had to justify or explain, which is hard (and it sounds like the 'guilt' you were feeling) -- but we carried our LOs and how they came/come into the world really isn't important.

As for BFing, also was never interested either and could use the 'excuse' of my thyroid medication -- the fact is, LO was in NICU for a week or so afterwards and because I was so poorly, couldn't probably have BF anyway. However, my husband was able to participate from the first day with LO (feeding him, changing his nappy) and it meant that I wasn't too emotional about LO not being with me -- at least the first day (I couldn't have dealt with him (was on a continuous drip, etc.)) and now, we both share the feeding duties at home.

I think that whatever we chose as parents is what is best for us.

best wishes

Hey there, emergency caesareans are an overwhelming ordeal to experience, speaking from experience, I too was dissapointed at the result of not having a natural birth, your not a failure dear lady, you are an amazing woman, that has experienced one of the ever increasing ordeals modern mothers encounter. As long as you & the baby are both doing well that is the main thing to focus on, and the joy of motherhood will far surpass those feelings of dissappointment once the wounds have healed and you can get your body back. Good luck with breastfeeding, keep it up, and you may have your dreams realised if your milk production increasese. Have a great day. Bless

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->