Female Condoms...

No, they kind of creep me out. I'm probably way out, but I've always imagined them to feel kind of loose, and for the man it would be like having sex with plastic bag :wacko: I imagine that they are even more unattractive to put on (or in) than male condoms :nope:

yes, did not like....felt like a sandwich baggie stuck up there....noisy too. just my opinion

yes, did not like....felt like a sandwich baggie stuck up there....noisy too. just my opinion

:rofl: damn... i was looking for a form of contraception. i dont want to go back on my pill tht i'm on at the moment (it's given me TERRIBLE acne) and can't afford my old one. OH refuses to wear condoms... so i'm going to be stuck with acne :(

I hated hormone bc too--it did bad things to my overall mood/happiness. I used the copper IUD for a while but had a hard time as it kept coming out with my heavy periods--I then decided to try the low dose hormone IUD--had hormones but very low dose, and I had pretty good success with it--had it 18 months. Some stomach issues/bloating sometimes, but overall it really didn't have the same extreme effect on me as HBC pills. We've been using condoms during fertile times (charting too) for the last 4 months, and it's not so bad --but I'll give copper IUD another try after we are successful in our TTC. If copper doesn't work, I don't know if I'd go back on Mirena-it wasn't bad, but I'd sure like to remain hormone free in whatever I choose.

Good luck-it's a tough call.

How long are you WTT for? You could have a coil fitted but they have to be in for at least 6 months. Or you could use diaphragm. Or charting and avoiding "risky" days.

:rofl: damn... i was looking for a form of contraception. i dont want to go back on my pill tht i'm on at the moment (it's given me TERRIBLE acne) and can't afford my old one. OH refuses to wear condoms... so i'm going to be stuck with acne :(

I think you need to have a good talk with your OH. He's asking you to put hormones in your body that you don't want and that are clearly affecting you negatively, just because he doesn't want to wear a bit of rubber? Hell no!! That's really not fair on you. Surely him wearing a condom is a MUCH smaller sacrifice than you taking the pill when you don't want to!? I think it's time for him to take some responsibility.

Yeah, its really not fair that the only decision men have to make is condom or no condom, while we have to negotiate a minefield of contraceptive choices. I get that some men really dont like condoms, but at least that discomfort only lasts as long as its on. Hormonal birth control messes up your whole body. I agree with Rikki, have you considered charting etc?

Thanks ladies... should've mentioned this in my other post. I've been on BCP since I was 14, as I had very irregular cycles - was getting my period every 2 weeks and they were horrendous. I want to go off and see what my cycles are like now, as it's been 6 years that I've been on the pill - but won't be able to chart most likely due to my previous cycle issues.

I honestly don't like the idea of hormonal BCP's for myself anymore... since I've grown and learned more about different things I just don't like it, but I feel like it's something that I am going to have to adjust to if I want to not be in dead pain every 2 weeks or get pregnant.

I'll be WTT for quite some time.. about 4 more years.

:kiss:

Thanks ladies... should've mentioned this in my other post. I've been on BCP since I was 14, as I had very irregular cycles - was getting my period every 2 weeks and they were horrendous. I want to go off and see what my cycles are like now, as it's been 6 years that I've been on the pill - but won't be able to chart most likely due to my previous cycle issues.

I honestly don't like the idea of hormonal BCP's for myself anymore... since I've grown and learned more about different things I just don't like it, but I feel like it's something that I am going to have to adjust to if I want to not be in dead pain every 2 weeks or get pregnant.

you might want to look into the Mirena IUD--it's still hormones, but it's such a fraction of the level and since it delivers the hormones right to your uterus, not quite the systemic side effects...although from experience i would argue that there ARE systemic effects (doctors will argue that there are not), but i found them to be significantly much less than any other form of BC. you can keep it in for up to 5 years. your periods will lessen, some women will completely get rid of theirs. I still had mine for 5 days a month but much less flow. No form of HBC is ideal, but if you have to do one--it's not a bad one. Good luck!:flower:

you might want to look into the Mirena IUD--it's still hormones, but it's such a fraction of the level and since it delivers the hormones right to your uterus, not quite the systemic side effects...although from experience i would argue that there ARE systemic effects (doctors will argue that there are not), but i found them to be significantly much less than any other form of BC. you can keep it in for up to 5 years. your periods will lessen, some women will completely get rid of theirs. I still had mine for 5 days a month but much less flow. No form of HBC is ideal, but if you have to do one--it's not a bad one. Good luck!:flower:

Thanks so much for your help... I have a doc appt in 2 weeks and we can discuss it then :D My OH is difficult to talk to as he doesn't have a clue...

I agree with Amygdala - your OH needs a serious talking to. If he wants sex with you he'll have to put up with wearing a condom or risk you getting pregnant. He can't have everything! Why should you suffer negatively with artificial hormones just because he's kicking up a fuss? Grrrrr.:growlmad:

At some point you guys will probably have to end up using condoms anyway - if you intend to come off the pill a few months before TTC.

If it helps, we use Pasante Unique non-latex condoms. They are very, very thin and more like cling film than rubber and they don't smell. The end is 'loose' and so isn't restrictive. We've never had a problem with them and DH says he wouldn't go back to the other kind now.

Nah I've never used female condoms, they frighten me a bit :haha: I wouldn't know what to do with it to be honest!
From what everyone's been saying the coil sounds pretty good for your situation, let us know how it goes :D

your OH is being unfair! i don't think they understand how many side effects hormonal contraception has. if you really can't find anything that suits you i suggest a sex ban unless he wears a condom, see how quickly he'll change his mind then! :haha:

your OH is being unfair! i don't think they understand how many side effects hormonal contraception has. if you really can't find anything that suits you i suggest a sex ban unless he wears a condom, see how quickly he'll change his mind then! :haha:

:rofl: :rofl: he could take a sex ban easier than I could... I'd be the one truly suffering

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->