Femara + Faith = BFP... hopefully?

Endless_Faith

Reaction score
I just celebrated my 25th birthday on the 14th, which would have also been the ending of week 1 of my angel's birth, had I not miscarried back in March. This has been an extremely rough journey for me. Nonetheless, I am convinced that God can do all things but fail, so I am expecting my miracle and anyone else's that can touch and agree with me!

About me:
I have been married to my husband for almost 2 years now, after dating for 5! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16, I suffer from annovulation. I usually don't get periods on my own at all, with the exception of maybe 3-4 miracle periods that I had without meds. I have tried clomid, in which i ovulated each round getting BFN'S, decided to stop meds after my last failed round of Clomid in December and just put it in God's hands. To my HUGE surprise, I conceived in January and found out the first week of February, it was truly an overwhelmingly amazing experience..Much too good to be true! Initially everything seemes to be progressing pretty well, then BAM, brown spetting, dropping HCG levels, and then the news... It took over a month for me t actually pass the fetus. It was an extremely hard process.
BUT, after much prayer and much time I am back in the game to claim whats mine!!!

Just finished provera last week, AF Came on Wednesday and today I started Femara 5mg cd 3-7!!!!!!!!!! Which much prayer, I am believing that this time will be MY time!

Anyone taken femara have any success stories to share? Anyone one to join me in this journey as a cycle buddy?!

Good luck to you hun and sorry for your loss 😯

I'm TTC baby #2 and have been for over 2 years. I just had a failed cycle of clomid in which my follicles shrank/disappeared. I have two weeks left of this wasted cycle and then I'll be starting femara.

GL to you, I hope you get your bfp soon!

Hello Braven! And thanks a lot for your well wishes, I appreciate it! :hugs:

Was this your first cycle on clomid? Do you know what's causing the issue with you conceiving?

Btw your daughter is absolutely beautiful!.

Hello Braven! And thanks a lot for your well wishes, I appreciate it! :hugs:

Was this your first cycle on clomid? Do you know what's causing the issue with you conceiving?

Btw your daughter is absolutely beautiful!.

Thank you :blush: She's a little stinker.

No, we don't have a reason right now. We conceived our first after only 5 months of trying off the pill. We stopped using protection when she was 11 months old, but I continued breastfeeding her until she was 2. So that first year I assumed it was just that. And then my gyn said give it 6 months after weaning. And still nothing. So then I started getting testing and got an appointment with the RE.

My first test I had was a prolactin test which came back fine. Then I saw the RE and he did a test to see if I had ovulated, and I had. So I'm ovulating on my own.

We met with him and he decided on clomid 100mg and yes, this was my first cycle on it. We were also supposed to do a trigger and two back to back iui's...but no follicles so none of that happened. So disappointed and sad. Can't wait for the next couple of weeks to go by so I can get started on the Femara and see if that works for me.

Good luck to both of us!

Hi There Endless_Faith!
I'm on my third cycle of Femara. The first was at 2.5mg and the last two have been at 5mg. I also did two cycle of climid but did not respond. I'm a little bit ahead of you as I am on CD 15. I just did my trigger shot yesterday after a follicle scan showed a 21mm follicle! While I don't have a success story yet, I am hopeful that with the help of Femara I will soon!
I have PCOS and an endocrine disorder so you and I have at least one similar issue. Keep your faith and know that God's timing is always perfect. Whether this is your successful cycle or not, keep praying and he will answer them with the time is right.... At least that's what I keep telling myself. Some days it's harder than others.... especially when you get the BFN!
Best of luck and fingers crossed for you!

Hi There Endless_Faith!
I'm on my third cycle of Femara. The first was at 2.5mg and the last two have been at 5mg. I also did two cycle of climid but did not respond. I'm a little bit ahead of you as I am on CD 15. I just did my trigger shot yesterday after a follicle scan showed a 21mm follicle! While I don't have a success story yet, I am hopeful that with the help of Femara I will soon!
I have PCOS and an endocrine disorder so you and I have at least one similar issue. Keep your faith and know that God's timing is always perfect. Whether this is your successful cycle or not, keep praying and he will answer them with the time is right.... At least that's what I keep telling myself. Some days it's harder than others.... especially when you get the BFN!
Best of luck and fingers crossed for you!

So you didn't respond with mature follicles on clomid but you have on femara? GL to you, FX you get your bfp this cycle!

Correct Braven, I did clomid 50mg and 100mg but didn't have "measurable" follicles which is basically anything over 8mm. We switched to Femara 2.5 mg and had the same result. She bumped it up to 5mg and I had a 22mm follicle on CD14 for that cycle. This round we stayed at 5mg and I had a 21mm follicle on CD14. I don't ovulate on my own, so we use the Ovidrel trigger.
I've done quite a bit of research and it seem that most people respond best to Femara at 5mg. Obviously, docs can't start you out there because some people do get OHSS on 2.5mg. Also, I've read that if you have PCOS you will have better luck with Femara than Clomid. While that isn't across the board since everyone's body is different, it's been the case with me. Plus, Femara has WAY less side effects than Clomid and I can tell you that my DH was thankful for that :winkwink:
I noticed that you didn't have a response to the 100mg of Clomid. I met with my RE and asked if there was other options (knowing about Femara aka Letrozole already). She offered the Femara or moving to injectables. I personally wasn't ready to do injections and thought trying the Femara would be a better change for us. It doesn't hurt to ask about it.

Thanks for your response! We are moving to femara. The RE decided not to chance another non responsive round of clomid and to just go to femara. I am just waiting now for AF to come. I was going to ask for a higher dose to start with but I guess that's not a good plan. I just don't want another wasted cycle. I don't have pcos as far as I know, and I do ovulate on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->