Fenugreek to boost supply. Any success stories?

wannabemama24

Mama to Rylan & pregnant
Reaction score
Hello! So I'll try to make this a quick story. I had my daughter on December 1st. I ended bleeding really bad but the doctor got it under control. We went home a few days later but ended up back at the hospital due to my little girl losing 11% of her body weight. We figured out my milk hadn't fully come in so the hospital tried to help me with a pump while I was there as well as using the supplemental nursing system and having her nurse. We were discharged the next day which was Saturday. The following Monday I was admitted for an unknown postpartum haemorrhage. I had to get an iron transfusion, two bags of fluid, and a blood transfusion. Since I got home I've been trying to get some kind of milk supply established and we've been formula feeding in the meantime. I've been going back and forth with what I want to do because of how horrible I had felt. The lactation consultant said I could try fenugreek to help boost my supply and she is bringing me a hospital grade dual electric pump to rent tomorrow. Has anyone had any luck with fenugreek? I really want to breastfeed or at least pump so my baby doesn't have to be on formula. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

I take fenugreek on a daily basis. I really feel it helps. As soon as I started it I noticed a difference. I've tried 2 different brands and also noticed one was better then the other.

I take fenugreek on a daily basis. I really feel it helps. As soon as I started it I noticed a difference. I've tried 2 different brands and also noticed one was better then the other.

Thank you! What brand do you find is the best?

I've tried a brand called solary and wild harvest. I prefer the solary brand I notice instantly that it helps.

I had supply problems for my first 3ish weeks with my son. I also had to have plasma after bleeding from c section and my milk was delayed coming in. I took fenugreek and I'm pretty sure it was what helped us turn the corner and get my milk supply up. Definitely go buy some!

Just be warned, it makes you smell like maple syrup. For reals. :lol:

I have been taking fenugreek for 10 weeks now and it helped ! When I first stared taking it I was so full my boobs were constantly leaking and hard as rocks ... I started only taking half as many pills ... Which might have been dumb because now I'm back to pumping very little ... I up'd my pills again and I'm still not producing as much as I was ... I might have possibly ruined it lol but yes fenugreek does work well ... I would recommend it to anyone !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->