Ferning spit and ovulation

sarasmile

Reaction score
I have been using a microscope to check for ferning to monitor my ovulation. I am fascinated by this concept and it's so fun but it doesn't look like many of you participate in this method. any of you out there doing this too? I'm so tired of looking at pee sticks! ferning patterns are so beautiful... anybody got any to share? Any tips/suggestions? I just started this. side note... but my husband gave a sample of his swimmers and watching them in action under the microscope was FASCINATING!

How did it work for you? I'm thinking about getting one. :)

hi! well I went off of the pill July 27 and was waiting for my body to kick back into gear. my husband has a microscope so I started researching the ferning method. I was so intrigued bc what I read told me that monitoring your dried spit under a microscope could pinpoint the exact time of fertility, not just ovulation like the opks. so I started monitoring my spit every morning and I watched it change from drying in spots to one morning drying in ferns. I had the slightest bit of stretchy cm but the fertile period lasted only like 12 hours! I what sex the minute I ferns and the day after, which is when I felt myself ovulate. I thought bc of my short window I was sure to have not gotten pregnant, but nine days later I got my BFP! I ovulated Oct 1st. once I got pregnant I started ferning again. I truly believe in anything that can help you be more in tune to your body. they are must cheaper than opks too! do some research and try it out. I can post my ferning pics if you'd like :)

Hi I have used it this month and it's perfect. Got a positive opk today and had a full ferning pattern this morning so confirmed it with a positive opk at 2pm shows it does work

Loz - that is awesome! Glad there's another out there to verify this method!

This is really neat! Sara could you post some pics I would love to see this. I haven't heard of this, I'm kinda fascinated

The fertility microscopes r cheap and so easy to use

Hello! I am BamaBelle! I am new to forum. I am currently using Maybe Baby to track my ovulation. The saliva microscopes are fun to use once you get the hang of it!! Interesting to watch the transition.

So, I used maybe baby when we were trying to conceive our son five years ago. It has been awhile and even though the light no longer works I use natural light from the bathroom to see. I have attached a picture from CD11, today. I believe that I have either just ovulated or am ovulating. :happydance: I am going to try to keep track of my pictures once my cycle starts over (or not, if I am doing a good job with this!). I would love to hear about other's experience with the 'scope. Baby dust to all!!

Attachments

• CD11.jpg
    CD11.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 5
So, I used maybe baby when we were trying to conceive our son five years ago. It has been awhile and even though the light no longer works I use natural light from the bathroom to see. I have attached a picture from CD11, today. I believe that I have either just ovulated or am ovulating. :happydance: I am going to try to keep track of my pictures once my cycle starts over (or not, if I am doing a good job with this!). I would love to hear about other's experience with the 'scope. Baby dust to all!!
beautiful ferning! I will post my ovulating fern and my pregnancy fern when I can get to a real computer :) i love seeing these!

beautiful ferning! I will post my ovulating fern and my pregnancy fern when I can get to a real computer :) i love seeing these!

Can't wait to see pics! Is there much difference b/t the two?

This is my spit ferning during ovulation and at pregnancy. The one that is a clear "ferning" pattern is when i was pregnant, about 8 dpo. The other one is during ovulation, but it is at a higher magnification, because the microscope (i was using an actual microscope) was not picking up the pattern at a smaller magnification for some reason (may have been user error though :) ) They say if you start ferning again around 7-9 dpo, there is a good chance you are ferning. That was definitely the case for me!

Attachments

• IMAG1437-1.jpg
    IMAG1437-1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG1406.jpg
    IMAG1406.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics