Fertalization even though ovulation is finished?

sandilion

Reaction score
Is it possible? Last night DH and i DTD, I believe I am due for my period in a weeks time but that would mean that ovulation is finished (unfortunately)

But after we did the deed and fell asleep, I woke up 3 hours later with a blood nose.... this also happened when i fell pregnant with DS.

Probably a coincidence. But then today I am also feeling twitches in my uterus.

I have a functional ovarian cyst so it could be that ... but it usually doesn't stir up much once ovulation is over.

Not sure if i should consider myself now in the 'waiting stage' or not.... is it highly unlikely to fall pregnant at this stage of my cycle? I can't remember when my period started last time either.. it was either the 19th or the 23rd of November.

I fell pregnant with #1 only about 5 days after my period ended.

If i am thinking the impossible please tell me so i don't start looking for signs LOL!

sorry but if the only time you DTD was a week after ovulation (a week before your period) then it's not possible to get pregnant. Once you ovulate the egg is only viable for up to 24 hours. It's best to DTD a day or two before ovulation so the sperm are ready and waiting. This works because sperm live up to 4-5 days. Also, after conception it takes the embryo at least 3 days to get to your uterus and start to implant. Before this happens there's really no way to have symptoms because your body has no idea that the embryo is there. Good luck on your next cycle!

Haha thank you, and i thought as much but he blood nose thing freaked me out as that happened with DS! But prob had nothing to do with conception then either lol! Damn coincidences and tricks!

I understand. I know pretty much all the ins and outs of conception and even still when it has to do with my own cycle I tend to forget actual knowledge and start believing in coincidences and hunches. It's so hard when we want to be pregnant so badly. I hope you find yourself pregnant soon :)

Really strange .. I by all means don't think I have conceived, but yesterday when i went to the loo and wiped, i had still some clear sticky mucus.... at this stage of the cycle? I should be due for my period any minute! I wonder if my functional ovarian cyst is causing that?

Weird. Im still gonna just go ahead and treat it as if i missed the cycle... just found that really weird.

that mucus can happen anytime your estrogen is high, like before your period. Sometimes I get a little right before my period although not usually as much as I do when I ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->