Fertility Friend? Please Help :) Free/VIP? Any other Fertility Apps comparable?

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
So, of course, I have the free membership to FF, as I am currently trying to conceive my second and used it before conceiveing my first. My question is, Does anyone use the paid "VIP" membership? It seems really expensive for what it is. I kind of feel like they are exploiting desperate women for money, bc they know how crazy some of get with trying to conceive and track everything. But, 10 dollars a month!!! Wow. That was shocking. Maybe it's just me. So, if you have a VIP membership, do you think it was worth it, esp, if you used the free one for a while previous to paying for your membership? Does it truly make a difference?

Second question: Are there any other Apps (that allow you to use it on you PC, I don't have a cell) that are comparable to FF or better? Both free and paid ones. I don't mind paying a SMALL fee to use the service if it is truly worth it.

Thanks for your help! Trying to figure out which system will be best for my needs, and all help, experience's, and advice is very welcome and appreciated :flower::flower::flower:

I use Kindara.. I'm not sure if you can use that on a pc or not but it's great.

I just went to there webpage it's saying something about a thing called "Wink", referrals, and 10 off if someone refers you? Do you know what this is and if it has something to do with the app, do you want me to put you in as the person who referred me? :shrug:

I won't bother with the premium option. It doesn't really tell you anything that your chart itself doesn't. If you're not too sure on the whole charting thing yet, read Tony Weschler's Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

The fertility friend premium option does give you access to some of their stats but they're pretty poorly thought out. For example, it'll tell you what percentage of pregnancy charts showed the symptoms you're having. But that doesn't tell you anything. What you want to know if how many of the people who had your symptoms turned out to be pregnant! And they don't tell you that. So I don't really see the point.

I just went to there webpage it's saying something about a thing called "Wink", referrals, and 10 off if someone refers you? Do you know what this is and if it has something to do with the app, do you want me to put you in as the person who referred me? :shrug:

Wink is their thermometer.. No option to use the charting on the pc though?

I like the free FF version the best. It ain't the prettiest but its easy to read and straight forward plus you get daily emails for a week explaining the charting process. I think Kindara is the prettiest app but I have a hard time reading the charts when ppl post them.

I use the VIP on FF. but I didn't pay $10/month. I paid the yearly fee which was like $40. (much better deal) The analysis is ok, I like the detailed interpretation of the data. I like how I can use the predict due date based on lmp or ovulation date.

Is it worth it? Not likely. You can tell by your chart if you ovulated later than normal and don't really need their details and you can use a regular calendar to predict due dates. lol But since I am in it for the year I am sticking with it.

I can't recall what is part of it and what isn't anymore since I have been using it for so long.

I doubt it's worth it in the long run. $40 isn't too much for the year though compared to pregnancy tests and opk's we spend money on lol. I doubt I will renew though. We are tightening the budget and it really isn't necessary to spend in order to ttc.

I first started using Fertility Friend when I started TTC. The free version gives you all that you need to see ovulation and cycle lengths. The VIP version is not needed but it does offer some nice tools to overlay past your past charts, give your averages, compare your charts to others with similar patterns and other tools. You do really get all that you need from the free version, but in the TWW the other tools are interesting to look at.

I agree. I used the VIP version of FF when we first started TTC. I'm now using the free version and it's all you need. Looking back, the VIP stuff just gave me hope / dashed my hopes. Like someone else said it compares your chart with others, gives you a pregnancy point thing to say how likely it is you are pregnant based on symptoms and when you bd. It's rubbish though. I had higher points when I wasn't pregnant than when I actually was! I also drove myself mad comparing my chart to 'pregnant' charts. I got my bfp the month I stopped charting!

The other one I use is ovia. That's ok but I'm not sure if it's available for pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->