Fertility Friend VS OPKs

~Brandy~

Reaction score
I am so confused so any input would be helpful...

I am cd 18 of a 30/31 day cycle. Fertility Friend says I ovulated CD 14 just as I suspected according to my temps. However, the catch is I also use OPKs as well as a CBFM.. Yes I am obsessed :wacko: CD14 that FF says that I ovulated I never saw that on my OPK's or CBFM but were blaring negatives and low fertility on the monitor.

This brings me to today 4 days after FF says I ovulated I get the most blaring positive on my line OPK's that I have ever seen.... Plus my CBFM went from Low fertility to High.

Now which one do I trust??? Is it possible that if my temp rises more in the next few days that FF will move my ovulation date on me so I need to keep BD'ing? Oh man my poor husband. :shrug:

I would b going with the opks and cbfm personally, I temp as well and on cd11 I had the most positive opk in months and ff hasn't yet recorded me as ovulating? Very odd.

Here's the pic from cd11 but I've literally moved from 36.3-36.5 on ff, which in no way is a big enough jump. Just hoping for one tmz! (Ps I'm on day 13 now x)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
@~Brandy~
I use both OPKs and temps - if I were to only use one, I'd use temps. I've been charting for several cycles and know the symptoms/ temp profile that indicates ovulation is on the way and know that I have a gradual rise after it, so I can effectively predict when I'll ovulate/ when my temp will rise at this point.

If you already have a monitor, I wouldn't bother with OPKs. They tell you the same thing, but the monitor gives advance warning and is more specific to you than the OPKs. If you don't have the same comfort level with your temps and since you already have a monitor - I'd say just use the monitor if you only wanted to use one thing. The real advantage to using temps is that you can confirm ovulation after it's happened and the OPKs/ monitor can only tell you that your body is preparing to ovulate, but cannot tell you that it actually did.

@LynneK
Two possibilities for your OPK/ no temp rise. 1) You geared up to ovulate, but didn't and will have another surge with ovulation later in your cycle, or 2) You might be like me. I get a positive OPK and two days later, ovulate. The third day after a positive OPK, my temp rises. If your temp doesn't rise by the third day after you positive OPK - I'd keep DTD and testing for another surge.

GL, Ladies!

@~Brandy~
One more thing. My $0.02 is that you ovulated on CD 18. If you compare your current chart to your Jan. chart, you appear to have a slight increase in temp before ovulation (~97.4) and then a positive OPK with a temp rise the very next day, meaning you ovulate the day you get the positive OPK (from the looks of things). Based on those two charts - your temp profile looks like a week or so of lower temps, rise to lower 97's, then positive OPK with same day ovulation, then temp rise to upper 97's/ low 98's. From this point, I'd wager your temp stays above 97.55 or so.

@~Brandy~
One more thing. My $0.02 is that you ovulated on CD 18. If you compare your current chart to your Jan. chart, you appear to have a slight increase in temp before ovulation (~97.4) and then a positive OPK with a temp rise the very next day, meaning you ovulate the day you get the positive OPK (from the looks of things). Based on those two charts - your temp profile looks like a week or so of lower temps, rise to lower 97's, then positive OPK with same day ovulation, then temp rise to upper 97's/ low 98's. From this point, I'd wager your temp stays above 97.55 or so.

Thank you! Thats what I was thinking as well... because this morning I rose up to 97.9 so I imagine FF will give me cross hairs for the 18th instead of the 14th.

Just remember that opks dont confirm ovulation. The thermal shift does :) I went based on just opks for the longest time and assumed I just was unlucky. Turns out I was actually attempting to ovulate and my first positive opk wasnt when I actually went on to OV. So, I was missing my window every cycle by 5 days :dohh:

I would say use temping and opks hand in hand. And id defo keep doing opks until its a clear negative and not just stop after the first positive shows up, just incase! Once I realised my error and adapted I soon after got my bfp :) x

Thanks for all your input... I think we got it covered either way FX whether its cd 14 or cd18

I know this is a old post but Im in the exact same situation. FF says I ovulated 4 days ago. Today both regular and digital opks have a positive for me. What happened that cycle? If you still remember. Thanks.

Heres my chart:<a href="https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/57de03/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->