Fertility Monitor vs. OPKs

Hey_Beautiful

TTC #2
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the difference between using a Fertility Monitor and OPKs (digital with the smiley face)...I used CBE Digital with the smiley face on many cycles with no luck, and am considering trying the Fertility Monitors. Today begins my CD1, and I will be able to purchase more OPKs or a Fertility Monitor on CD3 ($$$$). Please let me know what is best and/or your preference...

I do not have a preference right now as i use both and its my 2nd cycle with the cbfm....I hear great success stories with the cbfm, where woman get pregnant after their second month, unfortunately that didnt happen with me yet! The opk gives you 2 fertile days where the cbfm gives you a window of 6 fertile days ( most of the time) the monitor has to get to know you for the first few months...thism month i had 8 days of high and 2 peaks so my fertile window was 10 days according to the montor...

i got pregnant in jan with opk but sadly it ended in miscarriage...

I do not have a preference right now as i use both and its my 2nd cycle with the cbfm....I hear great success stories with the cbfm, where woman get pregnant after their second month, unfortunately that didnt happen with me yet! The opk gives you 2 fertile days where the cbfm gives you a window of 6 fertile days ( most of the time) the monitor has to get to know you for the first few months...thism month i had 8 days of high and 2 peaks so my fertile window was 10 days according to the montor...

i got pregnant in jan with opk but sadly it ended in miscarriage...

So sorry to hear of your miscarriage - prayers to you.
I am going to look at the fertility monitors and see which one is best - thanks!

im using the opk's. this will be my second month using them due to not using them correctly last month :haha: hopefully i will get lucky this month have you tried using the SMEP? I'm also doing this as well to increase my chances and not missing any days lol.

i did SMEP one month but i was the month after my mc so i dont think it was good timing....that is tough the SMEP! good luck

Is it really? Well wish me luck:haha: im hoping this works because all other has failed i tried fertile aid and nothing, im doing the opk's this month and the sperm meets egg plan also to see if i get at least a fathers day surprise for hubby.:haha:

you stated you did it wrong last cycle with opk, how so? I do wish you luck with SMEP i hear great things...i might try it again

i had this app on my phone and it gave me the 7 most fertile days right, so instead of me testing everyday after my period so that i can make sure it was right i didnt and guess what... it was wrong :haha:. I started testing to late and i had missed my ovulation. so during that whole month i started doing my homework to better educate myself and now each month that goes by i learn something new.

they say with opks to start testing day 6....or when your period is over...which one do you use?

Im using the answer opk's from walmart. My first time using them so i hope they work. I was surprised i seen a line this early i started using them as soon as af was done.

i am using clearblue ovulation sticks and clearblue fertility monitor....

Does it work well? I was going to get that but its a bit pricey.

i got pregnant the first time with the opk...not sure about the fertility monitor yet as it has only been 2 months in using it and i havent gotten pregnant yet...hehe

Well that makes me feel alot better because of me using opk's my hubby really wants another baby so im hoping this is our month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->