Fertility Testing

gardenofedens

Mommy to Abigail&Aidan
Reaction score
OH and I are on cycle 4 off birth control. I'm 27 and he's 33 so it's not like we're running out of time or anything but I wanted us to do some fertility testing just to make sure everything is "working". I've been charting and I've definitely been ovulating based on my temps and positive OPKs. My luteal phase is 14 days so plenty long enough and my temps stay high throughout so there's enough progesterone, etc.

This morning I took my first fertility test (CD3 as suggested) and the test came back stark white in the test line area (Negative = good, Positive = bad in this case!) so I guess that's good. OH has abstained for the past three days and is taking his test tonight which will test for motility and something else I think. I'm much more concerned about his test though. He originally married straight out of high school and they were off BC for 3-4 years without ever getting a bfp. He briefly mentioned it a while back before we were off birth control and I just can't shake the thought that something might not be working. And I feel bad talking to him about it because I know it's a sensitive subject with men, etc. so I'm REALLY hoping everything comes back okay tonight! And if so, do you think we should do another one without abstaining for three days to see how that works out since we're usually very active? (1-2x/day)

UPDATE: His tests came back in the middle of the positive range so we're both "working" right - wooohooo! :)

Glad to hear that everything came back good for both of you. With his not having a child with his first wife, sometimes it's just not meant to be. Try not to let this be a bother to either one of you, it just means that he wasn't meant to have a child with her. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

Wow! I had no idea there was so much to this baby making business!!!! So if you don't mind my asking , did u conduct the test yourself or have it done by a doctor? Forgive
Me, im completely naive still.

We did it ourselves at home. I found the tests on Ebay from someone in the UK and it took about a week for them to arrive in California. We figured if something came back with poor results, the doctor would be our next step. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->