Fertility

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I know it's very early to be thinking about this but I'm worried that if my lpp hemmorage was caused by an infection that it could affect my fertility in the future. Is there any way of knowing without having to just wait and see? Can you get infections but still be just fine in that area?

I'm not sure anita, but wanted to bump the thread so that hopefully someone who can answer your question will notice :hugs:

What does lpp mean?

If you had your baby and then hemmoraged immediately or shortly afterward, it could be caused by an atonic uterus, which is a uterus that won't contract (which helps control bleeding afterwards). This is usually caused by a larger baby...the uterus is over-stretched. This is usually the cause of post-partum hemmorage. I am sure if you ask your OB/GYN at your 6 week appointment, he will let you know the suspected reason. Also, next time you give birth (if you choose to have more children), they will take precautions.

lpp - late post partum (when you hemmorage anything from 24 hours to 6 weeks after giving birth). It usually happens around the 2 week mark which is when it happened to me. They said they think it was caused by an infection or left behind placenta.

I'm still getting mild cramping down there too but I don't know if I'm just over worrying because it scared me so much.

I would guess that any kind of infection could pose a risk to a future pregnancy, simply because it could cause scarring. So sorry to hear you are going through all that. If you are cramping, I would get it checked. If it's nothing, it will at least ease your mind. (hugs) T

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->