Fertomid (Notes for me - Sorry)

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Wobbles, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Dosage and Administration
    Female Infertility
    One tablet of Fertomid-50 daily for five days starting on the fifth day of the menstrual cycle. If ovulation does not appear to have occurred, a second course of two tablets of Fertomid-50 daily (in a single dose) for five days should be given starting from the fifth day of the next cycle.
    A third treatment cycle may follow, with dosage regimens that are similar to the second.
    An interval of 30 days should be maintained between consecutive courses.

_____

Been looking up info on clomid! Is there anyone here who knows anything about clomid & miscarriages?

2. Wobbles

Ok looked into this a little & I (we) have decided to use Fertomid (clomid) for 3 months (tops) I am aware of 'risks' but I'm at no greater risk if I did this off my own back or seeked advice from my doctor - Infact I'd be in more danger if I went to my current GP :roll:

3. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

I hope it works for you :hugs:

4. Wobbles

Maybe it's a pretty stupid idea but in it's own little way not such a stupid idea :|

I'll wait for them to arrive, research it a little & see what i think! :shock:

5. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

I thnk something you need to watch for is over stimulation, thats why some who take it get regular scans....

6. ImTheDaddy

ImTheDaddy Well-Known Member

Wibble,

Where are you going to get your Clomid from if not your GP?

Buying anything medical off the Internet is well dodgey!!

It's your health afterall!

BE CAREFUL!!!

7. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

i was also wondering the same. I though it was a drug that was just avaliable by prescription.

8. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

good luck hope all goes well

9. Wobbles

I don't think I'd be the only woman :lol:

Anyway read up on it & its an option & I for one am quite comfortable with it because neither is the GP giving you a pill safe when your pregnant (wrong prescription)!!

After our journey I don't think anything else could be worse!

:D

10. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Good Luck hun, I hope it works for you! :hugs: x

11. coolkris

coolkris New Member

hi there,

i too am also trying fertomid without my doctors help,

i met my partner 2 years ago and from day one we both talked about having a child together,i have 3 great boy who he has taken on as his own,he has no children of his own and has always wanted one,

now about 7 months ago we started looking at a trying for a child,i have brought the ovulation test kits each month,now all was fine for the first 4 months,i was ovulating and we was trying (this has'nt been made easy with my partner working nights) i understood even with these test kits there is only a 30% chance of getting pregnant,

however for the last 3 month there has been no ovulation,now i was worried after the first time it happened but let it slide,so when it happened for the second month in a row i booked an appiontment with the doctor,buy the time this appointment came around i had missed my ovulation for a 3 rd month,now the doctor told my she can do a test to see if and when i'm ovulating(which i've had done and have an appointment for this),but i was told becouse i already have chrildren that this test was the only test or help i would recive off the nhs,it does not matter that my partner has no chrildren,

as you can guess we are both very upset about this,now i have done alot of looking on the internet and found out about FERTOMID,i am looking at taking them this comming cycle,i am worried about it but the risks are small, my partner took a sperm count 7 months ago and all came back fine and healty, so we both have our fingers crossed that this works,

now i know that some people out there who read this might think " well you have 3 kids you should be greatfull for what you've got" but please remenber my partner has none,yes he has taken on my children as his own but this could never make up for a baby born of his own blood.

please let me know how you get on

:hug:

12. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Wow this thread is old. For a minute, I thought you guys were trying again!

13. AngelKelly

AngelKelly Married and Step Mum to 2

I dont think its wrong! My Husband has 2 children who live with us full time and we have been ttc our own for over a year, Fingers crossed I hope it all works for you.xxxxx:hug:

14. Wobbles

Hi

This is quite an old post - I had success from a long painful journey but I did not try this in fact I wouldn't ever suggest to anyone to do this off their own backs. I read some horror stories not just the stories you want to hear. I was weak & vunerable. Please reconsider & talk to your doctor about you intentions x

15. genkigemini

genkigemini Jack-Jack's Mommy

Hon... I must agree with the other girls about being careful. I am going to start Clomid and my doctor gave me a HUGE warning about Ovarian Hyperstimulation. Please read about it first before you start taking the pills without a doctors observation, ok? :hug:

Crap... I just realized how old this was but I will leave my post with the link just in case. ^_^

16. SweetThang02

SweetThang02 New Member

hey wobbles! I now that this is an old post, but I am new at this. I have been to the doc and I am to start fertomid next month. But I was wondering what kind of horror stories you have heard? Or where I am read up on them. I (we) really want a baby but I would like to make sure I know everything before I jump into it (even with the doc). Thanks!!!!