Fetal fibronectin (fFN) test

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Canadianmom4, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Canadianmom4

Canadianmom4 Mom to 5 beautiful kids!!

Has anyone had the Fetal fibronectin (fFN) test for their current pregnancy, or past pregnancies? What were your results, if yours was positive, how soon after you got your positive did you go into labour?

I just got home a couple hours ago from L & D. I'm 2cm dialated, and my Fetal fibronectin (fFN) test came back positive. Still contracting periodically, but I think it's containing itself for now.

Thanks in advance.

2. msq

msq Well-Known Member

didn't want to read and run... i dont have any advice because when i had the test it was negative but i was also only 26 weeks. if i remember correctly the test is not always accurate when it's positive, meaning you wont definitely go into labor but if it's negative it's likely you wont go into labor. does that make sense? i think i worded it funny.

good luck hun

3. Nataliexx

Nataliexx Mummy of 4

Sounds like labor may be near...
    I was going to get the test done but they told me they are pointless and anything can give it a positive result
    Good luck :hugs: