Fever at 13 weeks

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
I think I have a bit of a fever at 13 weeks pregnant. Should I be worried? :-s
My daughter has a virus during the week and I think I've caught it - think I have a throat infection or something (inflamed tonsils with spots on, feeling hot and cold and shivery etc) I'm taking paracetemol regularly which is helping. Bought some honey and lemon to make drinks but not keen on it :(

I'm just looking for a little reassurance to be honest xxx Tia x

Hey hun see ow u r as u may need go docs or ring m see but ull be fine
A small temp rise is ok x

Get well soon x

Thanks Hun x
That's the main thing I was a bit concerned about, the high temp, someone told me that can cause a mc (I don't know how reliable that is though) sorry I don't want to freak anyone else out xxx

Inflamed tonsils with spots on them and a fever were my symptoms when I got Hand Foot and Mouth disease from my son, if it looks like that I would pop to the doctor to be safe. That said, I don't believe a low grade fever is a major concern during pregnancy, especially since you are past first tri.

Thank you x
It is possible I've come into contact with hand, foot and mouth as my niece possibly had it but it was never confirmed x my daughter just seemed to have a virus (high temp, she was sick due to the high temp and generally unwell) she had one spot near her mouth but no others 😐
Is it particularly bad to get Hfm when pregnant? X I hope you're feeling better now ! X

I've just realised I've made an error! For some reason I had it in my head 2nd trip started at 14 weeks! (Whoops!) my apologies xxx

No worries, still pretty close to first tri :)
We had it back in June actually. It's a virus so not sure it's that bad when pregnant but a good one for doctor to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->