Fever - Freaking Out!!

Moo Ba LaLaLa

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I'm 6 weeks pregnant today, and last night had a fever of 101.4. I took 2 acetaminophen to make sure it didn't continue to go up, but slept really horribly all through the night (shivers, achiness, etc..)
This morning, my fever was up to 102.9, so I took 2 more acetaminophen, and it went down to 100.7
I know that fever in early pregnancy is a very bad thing - risk of miscarriage, neural tube defects, etc... so I am a wreck! :sad2:
Has anyone had any experience with a moderate fever early in the first trimester?

I have an appt. with my doctor (not OB) later today - for a blood test to confirm the pregnancy, actually, so I'll ask there too.

Any words of wisdom will be much appreciated!!

Hey hun,

I had a High fever early in my first pregnancy due to Strep Throat. I went to the doc, got antibiotics and took acetaminophen to keep the fever down, everything was ok. Easier said than done, but try not to worry. :hugs:

Hope your feeling better hun :hugs:

Just wanted to check in on you.

Thanks for checking in, Tink. I'm felling better today... no fever. Last night I got up to 102.7 again, though.
The doctor said that no, having a fever is not good in early pregnancy, but it's not like there is much anyone can do to prevent from getting sick - aside from your usual washing hands, etc... He said to take Tylenol to keep the fever down, and basically just ride it out.
We'll see..... I hope baby will be okay!

Sorry to hear you had such a scare! Ugh, that stinks. Being sick = no fun, even when you're not pregnant!

Thoughts and prayers with you, hope you're feeling better soon!

Searching through old posts... And can't believe I'm at this again!!! 3 years later, another pregnancy, and another fever at 6 weeks!!!!!

My daughter- as the subject if this original thread is fine and happy. She's had a few health issues- recurrent ear infections= ear tubes, needs glasses at just 2, etc... But u can't say any of that was fever related. The pregnancy was totally fine after this bout! :)

Still not happy to have to go through this again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->