FEVER help needed

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
My kiddo had a fever, 102. I knew he had a cold and I had a fever the other night so I expected this. I gave him Tylenol and after an hour he was 100.8. But then three more hours later he was still 100.8 and his face is much more flush and for the first time ever he is refusing his bedtime bottle despite missing his feeding two hours ago. I have spoken to kaiser three times and his pediatrician is supposed to call me at 9am, but iDk how concerned I should be. Last time it only took one dose of Tylenol and was gone in 30m and his cheeks returned to normal. He’s so miserable rn. Do I just wait to y’all to his doctor or would you take him to the Er? I have no idea what is normal

I would take him to the ER. At his age I think the number to look for is 102. Make sure you let them know you gave him Tylenol so they expect a lower temp. I'm just the type that I'd rather take the kiddo in when they don't need to be than not take them when they do. Trust your gut. Why don't they have an on call doctor to talk to you?? That's what they make the big bucks for.

Ooo yeah I ended up not taking him in because he was conked out. They said 104?! Like WHAT?! He’s only eaten 2oz out of his usual 5 this morning then instantly vomited. Last night he completely refused his 5oz bedtime bottle and was committing what smelled like stomach fluid. And his last bottle before than was exactly 12 hours ago and I believe his finished all 4 oz with no issues. He’s 99.8 but that’s after sleeping with a cool mist humidifier in a room with no insulation and it’s 40 degrees outside in a cotton sleepsack instead of micro fleece.

I'd be more looking out for signs of dehydration or severe infection than working from the temperature. Temperatures IN THEMSELVES aren't dangerous till they get to around 104 as this is when convulsions could happen. However a baby with a normal temp who was dehydrated would still need treatment, if you see what I mean.

I’d take him in just because he’s so young, but I’m sure it’s just a bug he’ll get over. Better safe than sorry! We’ve been dealing with viruses and fevers ever since winter started here... only 3.5 more months of it to go where I live. Yayyyyy (sarcasm)

Lol yeah and my poor kid goes to daycare AND i’m A teacher so he’s catching things from my class and his class. He’s already sick again :(

Lol yeah and my poor kid goes to daycare AND i’m A teacher so he’s catching things from my class and his class. He’s already sick again :(

That seems to be how it goes around here too. Get well enough just in time to get sick again :(

I hope you both get a break soon!!

Right?! Just keep saying he is building his immune system lol

Ty I have two more work days then off until the second week of June so he’ll be home with me so he’ll be healthy in no time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->