Fever - When to worry

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
My wonderful little nephews came to visit this last week and brought with them a nasty virus, which I got. It's kind of flu like. My question is at what point should I worry about how high a fever is? I've heard so many conflicting things.

It started out at just 99.5 last night, crept up a little by morning to 99.9. I took some Tylenol and it broke for a little while(98.4) By afternoon it went back up to 100.6. Took some more Tylenol, but it only went down to 100 before creeping back up again tonight to 102.1. I took some more Tylenol about an hour ago and it's gone down to 101.6 so far.

Is 102 too high? Should I wait it out and see if it tries to go up more or head in if it hits 102 again, or now?

I'm really not used to having fevers at all, even when not pregnant. The highest one I've had in the last 15 years was about 100, but usually don't get over 99.5. I don't get sick very often.

I am not sure how it works for pregnancy, but I know for my toddler the rule is below 102 let the fever do its job (it exists to rid you of illness, so not always a "bad" thing even though it means you are sick). Over 102, take tylenol. Always drink lots of water to flush out the fever and stay hydrated. If you are early in pregnancy I think it is more cause for concern, but you are later so are probably ok and probably shouldn't worry unless it doesn't go away or gets higher. But, you can always call your doc for reassurance. Hope you feel better!

I just looked this up. A doctor said anything over 100.4 is considered a fever. And to call your doctor especially if pregnant.

^ Good to know the recommendation to call with even a low grade fever if pregnant. I'm curious what the doc will advise. Hope you feel better.

i was sent l an d due temp 38 celcius an 2+protein and raised bp last week at 37+2

Thank you :) I called in and talked to the nurse. In the third trimester they don't typically worry as much about a fever unless it gets over 103. I'm just supposed to rest, stay well hydrated, and continue the Tylenol to keep my fever in check. It's sitting at about 100.3 right now. I'm hoping this virus goes away quickly. I had just started to feel some what normal after a nasty cold just before I got this. My mom has it too, and she said she is already starting to feel better today.

You could try taking a lukewarm bath :)

Eating garlic will help too. It is nature's antibiotic. It helps to fight off colds too. I hope yOu're feeling better very soon.

Thanks ladies :) I did take a shower earlier(unfortunately the house we are currently in has no bathtub :( ) My fever did break and has shown no sign of coming back yet. Hope it doesn't! I might have to pick up some garlic and see if it helps. I'm actually starting to feel better than I did yesterday. The only main thing that is bothering me right now is the sore throat I woke up with this morning :/ Got my herbal tea and about to go and do a salt water gargle to see see if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->