Few questions

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Ok so first question is the Hv said she expects kyle to have 3 bottles a day fine he has more lol but on the follow on milk carton it says 1beaker 7oz as the recomended ? :wacko: does that mean really he only needs 7oz of formula and teh rest could be water if his having 3 meals??

Also what can i put on toast ? i mean i no he can have jam but does it have to be a certain jam or just any old jam?

Same with what can i put in a sandwich i no soft cheesse spread but again what type :wacko: its so confusing lol

Im trying to givehim some of what we have but when we have pizza i dont want to give him that so trying to work out what in a sandwich / on toast he can have.

Thank you :flower:

The bottles issue is so confusing isn't it, I'm struggling with this at the mo. Ruby has 4 bottles and I'm not going to stop offering one yet. My HV said the minimum milk is 21oz, but maybe you can get away with less if it's follow on? Not sure.

Ruby loves cheese on toast, avocado on toast, tuna and sweetcorn with a bit of mayo, instead of jam we use 100% fruit spread which is sweetened with fruit juice concentrate instead of sugar so is way better for them. The 2 brands I use are called Superjam and St Dalfour. I occasionally give her Marmite on toast too.

As you mention pizza, I do homemade pizzas, they are really very easy to do, and fine for LO, but sometimes another thing I do is toast with the tomato topping, mozarella and a bit of ham or whatever for Ruby so it's like a pizza lol.

Maybe just try and do things for dinner that are suitable for Kyle too. I have book called '101 recipes for kids' (BBC Good Food) that has a section on child friendly family meals....

I don't get the guidelines on the follow on milk tubs because on our one, if you read the text underneath the chart, it says on average, LO will need at least a pint a day, which equates to 600ml (I think) - so no, that's not one beaker of 7ozs.

Toast.. We have garlic butter, jam, banana, cheese, scrambled egg, beans..

Sandwiches, basically you can have anything again but for things like bacon, sausages and ham, only offer once or twice a week because of the salt content. (Obv. avoid things like peanut butter, honey and certain cheeses).

Pizza is ok to offer if it's a once a week thing, it's just not suitable for everyday meals. You could also do pita bread with tomato puree and grated cheese on top, cooked in oven for 10mins or so.

thanks the thing with him eating what we eat is we dont exactly eat the best of things lol but trying to change that the more he eats proper food, like with had sausages and potato and so did he, got him some baby sauses for things like mince and chicken curry.

He seems to profer organix finger foods to any "adult" finger food i give him :dohh: will have a look at some of the things you listed above when i next go shopping.

Trying to give him a runny/ish breakfast but want to start giving sandwich for lunch and fingerfood/our dinner to him for dinner with a pudding to play/eat lol

Currently this is what happens

9am Stage 1 Fruity pot for breakfast **his only just started to like fruit lol**
9:30am ish bottle 7oz

10am- 11am Nap

12-12:30 Toast and organix finger foods for lunch
12:30 - 1pm bottle 7oz

4pm-5pm Nap

6pm Stage 2 jar for dinner or what we are eating if suitable
6:30pm bottle 7oz ** not always**

7pm Bath
7:30pm bottle 5-7oz
8pm Bed

Bottle of water picked at between 8pm - 9am

Users who are viewing this thread