fibroids and PPH

rapunzel87

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I once again look to you amazing women for some advice/info :)

Long story short: at my first ob/gyn appt I was asked to bring all medical reports from my GP's office to the ob/gyn's. I took a look through some of the reports and my 12 week u/s report noted that I had a uterine fibroid of insignificance. My doc had never even mentioned this to me. Perhaps because it was small? Since then I have had two more ultrasounds and the fibroid has never been mentioned and to be honest I never asked because I forgot about it :$

Yesterday I came across a post (on another forum) about a lady with lots of fibroids and significant bleeding after childbirth. I gotta say that freaked me out! I plan on discussing this fibroid with my ob/gyn next Thursday. However, until then, does anyone have any info on small fibroids? Do they still cause the uterus to go haywire and not contract properly? Anyone have experience with fibroids and childbirth?

Any thoughts, comments or info are muchhhhh appreciated :) Thanks in advance! :)

Hi, I have two fibroids and have a beautiful healthy baby boy. I had an emergency c section as waters broke at 34 wks & baby was breach. There were problems with my uterus but Im not sure they were connected with the fibroids - part of the wall was v thin & lacking in muscle (and that was where the placenta had ended up, which meant it was hard for the surgeon to remove). My uterus also wouldn't contract properly during the op and it took a lot of time to get me stitched up again, longer than typical c section. I did lose a lot of blood. Bled a lot the next day, and needed blood transfusions. Six months later and I still have my baby belly. But no regrets. Fibroids don't necessarily cause complications - depends on size & location & whether they grow during the pregnancy. Your drs will keep an eye on all this & get measurements & advise accordingly. Although I did have a lot of problems it is hard to say if they were directly fibroid related or because my uterus is a bit knackered! All the best.

Hi, I had a very large fibroid of about 20cm square blocking my uterus which meant I had to have a planned c section 2 weeks early. My experience sounds very different to the pp as I had very minimal bleeding and a quick recovery with no issues with my uterus contracting post birth. The hospital were very very cautious beforehand however and I had to have bloods matched and waiting in case I did need a transfusion and on the day of the section I had to fight for a local anaesthetic which had already been planned for as the on call anaesthetist wanted me to have a general which me and my partner were very against. Try not to worry, especially if they're small. As long as scans keep an eye on their size and position you should be fine. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->