Fibroids - Who here has them?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
After I gave birth, when I had a hemmorage I had an ultrasound and they sound I had a fibroid. I'm going to guess it's only recently developed as it was never spotted at my ultrasounds while I was pregnant.

I'm just wondering how many people here have them and have they caused you any fertility problems?

I can't believe how many "things" they're finding in that area suddenly. I used to have nothing at all and now all since I've become pregnant they've found a ovarian cyst, a fibroid and I'm waiting to find out if I have any scar tissue from the possible infection after I gave birth.

I'm so worried I'm going to have problems concieving in the future. It sure doesn't look good but I'm grateful I have my son already. Not everyone is so lucky so I can't complain.

Not me personally but one of my nieces had fibroids and a cyst. It did cause her some fertility issues (they tried to get pregnant for four years with no success) but once she had surgery to have the fibroids and cyst removed (and one of her fallopian tubes because of where the cyst was located) she conceived within 4 months!!

I was diagnosed over 10 years ago with fibroids. I have atleast 3 of significant size and then a cluster of smaller ones. I have had all sorts of treatments and tests. I have had more ultrasounds than most pregnant women and I've had cameras in my uterus (that was pretty wild to see). I didn't have trouble getting pregnant, but I'm really concerned that I will not be able to carry a baby full term. I'm going to find out how far along I am later today and I will be talking to my doc about the horrible pain I've been having. It's insane!! Wish me luck!!

I was diagnosed over 10 years ago with fibroids. I have atleast 3 of significant size and then a cluster of smaller ones. I have had all sorts of treatments and tests. I have had more ultrasounds than most pregnant women and I've had cameras in my uterus (that was pretty wild to see). I didn't have trouble getting pregnant, but I'm really concerned that I will not be able to carry a baby full term. I'm going to find out how far along I am later today and I will be talking to my doc about the horrible pain I've been having. It's insane!! Wish me luck!!

Good luck! I have three fibroids behind my cervix and the doc just told us last month. We were planning to wait to have children but we decided to try now with the doctors recommendation. She informed me that they can grow rapidly and if I wanted to have babies I should go ahead and start trying. I feel your pain bc my menstrual cramps are very painful due to the fibroids so I don't even want to imagine pain during pregnancy. So I send a prayer up for you to be able to carry this baby to full term and to not experience unnecessary pain. It was part of my reason for joining this website...to find an outlet for my frustrations, fears, hopes and to find support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->