Fibroids?

MinnieMcMoose

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

First time posting on this board, after finally accepting that it's not just a matter of time anymore, it does in fact seem like there's a problem. And probably with me!
I've got a 7 year old little girl and have been trying for number 2 for the last 2 years with no success, not a hint of a BFP, just a couple of evaps 😢 I was 24 having dd and am now 32 so not getting any younger.

Last October I was seen by a gynaecologist because I was bleeding inbetween periods and was told I had cervical erosion. Some cells were zapped and the bleeding is significantly better although not completely gone. He also referred me for a scan. My ovaries are fine but my uterine lining was a little thicker than it should have been which suggested a small fibroid (or polyp? Can't remember which they said). Doc said its nothing to worry about and won't affect fertility but I've insisted on further tests to be sure. But I'm still waiting to be called as they don't believe it necessary to prioritise me (NHS).

Has anyone had experience with cervical erosion, fibroids or polyps and has it affected your fertility? Any advice?

Thank you xx

Forgot to mention, periods are v regular, although have been getting heavier and heavier every month (not sure if coz of age or fibroids/polyps) and am ovulating regularly according to opks.

Hey! I am suffering from primary infertility but it is for the same reason. I am just a few weeks ahead of you in diagnosis it sounds like. I can tell you what I have gone through and maybe it will give you direction.

I had my HSG yesterday to confirm I do in fact have a fibroid in my uterus. Most people have an HSG that looks like a Y with the middle filled in. Mine looked like a right bending cocktail frank. Everything left of the bend in the Y was filled with the fibroid and a missing tube.

I have been bleeding pretty much everyday in between my periods for a few years. My periods are very very painful. Several months ago in the ER they had to give morphine to take the edge off. They also said my lining was thick like yours.

In two weeks I go in for my pre-operative appointment. On CD3 I begin a heavy progesterone supplement which should be around April 28th. This will prevent my lining from forming. Then on May 7th I go in for a Hysteroscopy to remove the fibroid.

The hope is that I will be able to start conceiving again in June or July.

Thank you for responding. Not really sure whats next in store for me, as doc seems to think it doesn't affect fertility.
Wow, morphine?! Mine haven't been that bad, but they are progressively getting worse. Hope doc agrees to a HSG. At the moment they're just saying that it takes some couples longer to conceive but they're not worried because we've already conceived once.
Best of luck for your op and I hope you get your BFP soon after x

If it weren't for painkillers I would spend days 2-4 lying on the floor in front of my toilet in pain. I am so excited for my surgery on the 7th. :happydance:

You can deffinately get pregnant. If they are small they just monitor you throughout your pregnancy as there is a higher risk. Fibroids do get bigger in pregnancy but shrink after because of the lack of estrogen. How long have you been trying for #2? Just because you have had 1 doesn't mean things haven't changed since then. Secondary infertility is a very real deal.

I hope your doctor agrees to the hsg. If you are still bleeding between cycles consistently it is worth it I think.

Been trying for about two years now, although not always consistently, I admit.
Think I'd better go back to doc and see what the next step is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->