fidget's birth story - long but very positive!!

fidget

Pregnant Mama Bear
Reaction score
i still cant quite believe it, but my little one arrived safely at 40+2, and he's bloody gorgeous!!

i served my eviction notice at 37 weeks, daily :sex: sessions, walking, bouncing on my birth ball, pineapple, nipple stimulation... and you're thinking she still went over!! however, i'd try it again as in my due date i was 2cm and fully effaced and my delivery was so quick!

27th march
:sex: with hubby at around 7.30 pm, cramping straight after but i always got this. about 8.30 i noticed pink discharge, but it wasn't the first time so i just stuck a pad in. by 11.30 pm it was just frank blood on my pad so i called maty who said go in. grabbed hospital bag and notes and off i waddled.
i was there for hours as i was forgotten, but long story short she examined me, 2cm, contracting but not painful, lost my show hence the bleeding, so she offered me a sweep. not the nicest thing but not as bad as i'd heard.

29th march
the sweep had given me really nasty cramps but as usual, i went to bed and they stopped. grrr. got up in the morning, started cleaning, noticed an odd feeling like i was peeing... ran to loo and my pad had lots of pink on it. thought must be more if my show and carried on, but all day i had damp pads and this occasional trickling, until i went for a dog walk and came back soaked. hubby unconvinced but i thought YES my waters have gone!! phoned midwife who called my in for a check and agreed it sounded like my waters, but as i hadnt gone into labour i had until 9am in the morning or i'd be induced. fuck. so i waddled home, natural birth plan down the pan, had a hot bath, a big dinner and half a glass of wine, went to bed around 11.30pm.

30th march
awoke at 3pm in pain. after dry pads all night i'd somehow convinced myself that it hadnt been my waters, just wee and they wouldn't induce me. depressed, i got up to wee and the pain came again. oww. oh, and there's a big gush of pink fluid. oww, didnt even manage to get to the loo before another pain. fuck. hubby, who hadnt been to sleep and heard me laughing and walking around, watched me contract three times in ten minutes, go for a poo, and then not even be able to talk or walk through this immense pressure in my lower belly and foo. called maty, as waters had broken go straight in. my mum arrived no later than 4.30 am, and i'd managed a piece of toast and was still laughing between contractions. tried to sit on my birth ball but it hurt too much. contractions suddenly changed, 2 mins apart and unbearable.
i dont really remember the car ride, just this agonising pressure in my foo every 2 mins. getting to the birth centre at the hospital is hazy, but i was convinced i'd be sent home at 4cm. ha!!
got put straight in a lovely room with a pool, midwife shocked to see how close contractions were, had been in labour for 1hr 45 mins.
got changed, lay on bed for examination... 10 cms dilated and baby's head right there. just follow my instincts. here's where it got weird - my body knew what to do!!
waited as just knew contractions werent strong enough to push, then grabbed mum and hubbys hands and started pushing!! pushed the top of his head out three times but the ring of fire frightened me so i stopped lol. he got a bit distressed so as soon as she said this i pushed soooo hard, screaming like a banshee and apologising lol, and out popped his head. eyes wide open and making funny noises. i didnt want ti see so had a feel, cried, and with the next contraction out flew his little body. he was put straight on my chest , crying wet and gorgeous, and i was so over the moon i forgot to ask his sex!!
barely noticed delivering the placenta, but sobbed through the stitches, asked for pain relief (which is when i noticed i'd not even had gas and air to pop him out!!) then refused the pain relief. have torn to high heaven inside and out as i popped him out so fast and there are stiches inside and out... ouch.

so my little angel was born after less than 2 hrs of active labour, 45 mins of pushing, no pain relief at any point, weighing 8lb 3!! :cloud9::cloud9:

he's not feeding very well, bf is hard but i'll keep going - will post pics soon :D

aww congrats hun! apart from the tearing your birth sounds great! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"