Fifths Disease?

hellojello25

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So my 2 year old was just diagnosed with Fifths Disease and the doctor said it was only really harmful if I was in my first trimester. I'm almost in my third, but from what I see online it can still be dangerous to the baby if I catch it. I'm going to call my doctor, but they're closed for lunch right now so I can't reach them.

I think I actually might have already had it. I had what I thought was a cold this past weekend, but now with his diagnosis, I'm wondering if I actually caught Fifths. It looks like, from Googling, that my doctor will most likely make me take a blood test, and if positive, I will have to have more fetal monitoring.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Update (in case anyone was wondering): The doctor said that this late in the pregnancy game, there is a very very small chance of anything happening and that I didn't need to go for a blood test unless I noticed a rash developing (as I already had cold symptoms this past weekend). He also said most adults are immune. I'll leave this post up in case anyone is searching for it. :)

I once had it in the first trimester and my daughter was fine.

Yeah it is only likely to be harmful if caught during the first trimester and if you aren't immune.
I got this around 14 weeks with my son, I wasn't so lucky and passed it on, he almost died, it was truly the most terrifying time of my life. He suffered severe anemia and had fetal hydrops around all his major organs. He's definitely my miracle baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->